FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona LHi and Matrox Compress HD?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dave matti
Kona LHi and Matrox Compress HD?
on Jun 11, 2009 at 11:45:17 am

Do these two work together? Are there any issues I should consider?

Please consider I have already the LHi installed and working in my 2009 model 8-core system. The compress HD seems a nice companion for some of the work I do, so I am considering that addition.

Thanks

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Kona LHi and Matrox Compress HD?
on Jun 11, 2009 at 3:40:58 pm

Nice device if you do tons of h.264. According to Matrox literature, it's up to twice as fast as Compressor. I'm fairly happy encoding with Compressor, BitVice or Squeeze since most of our releases aren't in h.264.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
24" TV-Logic Monitor
Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Mario Rubertis
on Jun 12, 2009 at 2:06:29 am

Dave,
I actually called Matrox today to ask whether my MXO2 would work with their CompressHD and of obviously it does... what is interesting the tech support guy I spoke with also told me that they have tested it with KONA3 and it works... I imagine it would with the LHi as well...maybe they have to wait until AJA sends them an LHi to test to before they can confirm :)

An Artist At Heart.
Life is made of moments...

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Jun 19, 2009 at 9:01:49 pm

The Matrox CompressHD works with your exisitng Kona (or Black Magic) I/O hardware.

I've been told by Matrox that because the CompressHD card does all the lifting, you can actually use it while you are editing or doing other stuff with your Mac. Now that's pretty darn cool.

For H.264 Blu-ray encoding you'll go from 2 or 3 or 4 times realtime to faster then realtime. A 1 hour ProRes timeline will take about 50 minutes to encode.

For Blu-ray authoring you're still limited in your choices. Either Encore or Toast. We've put together some nice bundles with CompressHD, Pioneer BDR-203, external housing, Toast 10 plus Verbatim media.

Gary

http://www.videoguys.com 800 323-2325 | We are the video editing and production experts!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]