print to video

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
enstien hoden
print to video
on Jun 7, 2009 at 1:20:39 pm

Hi,

I Need Help

my system is 2X2.6 Ghz intel , OS X 10.5.6 , Kona lhe 6.0.3 ,, sony dvw-a500p , i used Breakout cable ( with sdi 2 BNC cable to Sony dvw-a500p )

Have a some question

1 - how i can hide the time code when i capture

2 - i try to print to video in FCP the machine not respond , ( No problem in capture only time code display ) Any setting ???

3 - may i know the correct settings for the AJA Kona LHe control panel and Cable

Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: print to video
on Jun 7, 2009 at 7:21:42 pm

[enstien hoden] "1 - how i can hide the time code when i capture"

If you have RS422 connected for deck control, you will get TC.

[enstien hoden] "2 - i try to print to video in FCP the machine not respond , ( No problem in capture only time code display ) Any setting ???"

You need to EDIT TO TAPE.

[enstien hoden] "
3 - may i know the correct settings for the AJA Kona LHe control panel and Cable"

Choose an EASY SETUP that matches your clip settings (SD right?), and then FCP should set up the rest. If this is HD to SD, then things are just a tad more complicated.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

enstien hoden
on Jun 7, 2009 at 9:04:01 pm

Thanks for Replay

But

1 - My problem i have TCR with video ( i want to capture without merge TCR with video ) i use the RS422 cable from Breakout to out RS422 dvw-a500p , and KL Box RS422 To In RS422 dvw-a500p ( is that correct )

2 - Print to video ( i used as normal without problem in Other machine i have it with blackmagic ) but in kona ( only video stream without recorded !! )

3 - what is the main cable should i use in the Breakout to dvw-a500p

Thanks for Help and sorry for my Languages Not that good

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
on Jun 8, 2009 at 5:37:42 am

If you're seeing the timecode when you capture, you need to change the super settings on your tape deck. It's probably in the basic menu of the deck, but I don't know the item number of that setting offhand.

Using print to video, you'll only be able to crash record, so you'll have to manually push the record + play button to lay it back to tape. However, like Shane mentioned, I'm pretty sure you want to use Edit to Tape, especially if you need to have your program start on a specific frame.

The only cables you need going to the tape deck are a single sdi line from the Kona out, to the A500 SDI in, and the Kona RS-422 cable to the deck control in on the A500. Make sure that you set the deck control to remote.

Richard Sanchez
North Hollywood, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

enstien hoden
on Jun 8, 2009 at 5:12:08 pm

Thanks

I will try Waiting The News

Return to posts index

enstien hoden
on Jun 9, 2009 at 1:49:06 am

Hi

Thanks A lot Richard Sanchez & Shane Ross

its working fine :) in " edit to tape " ,,,,, Now i want to know

1 - Why i cant use " Print to video " because its easy to use

2 - What should i do to use " Print to video " ??!!

Thanks 1000000 time for help :)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 9, 2009 at 5:38:49 pm

[enstien hoden] "1 - Why i cant use " Print to video " because its easy to use "

Because that option only works with DV or HDV...firewire controlled devices.

[enstien hoden] "2 - What should i do to use " Print to video " ??!! "

Capture from and then output back to a firewire camera or deck.

Why is it easier? What do you miss?

Shane

Return to posts index

enstien hoden
on Jun 9, 2009 at 6:38:17 pm

Hi

Thanks Shane

[ Shane ] " Because that option only works with DV or HDV...firewire controlled devices "

i have other machine with black magic Working fine capture and print to video with uncompressed 10 bit with Sony Digital beta DVW 500 p

[ Shane ] " Why is it easier? What do you miss? "

in print to video direct print just click record then rest the time in dvw 500 p do the remote and finish

in the edit to tape i should add time the time In and bar tone and more step as David Battistella
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/battistella_david/FCP_edit_to_tape....

Do you think i can use " Print To Video " with my sony digital beta dvw-a500p As i used it with black magic

Thanks Shane

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 10, 2009 at 12:32:31 am

I have only used PRINT TO VIDEO when working with DV. Never via a capture card. I like to output with proper timecode...tape starting at 58:30:00, program start at 1:00:00:00, bars and slate at the proper locations. I like to insert edit when I need to fix something. Can't do any of that (AFAIK) with Print To Video.

Shane

Return to posts index

enstien hoden
on Jun 10, 2009 at 5:09:38 am

Hi

Thanks Shane Ross

you was very helpful & Richard Sanchez

But still i should learn how i can " print to video " and i will try my best to know why and how it will work

Thanks Man

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]