FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDMI preview

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Krzysztof Kalukin
HDMI preview
on Jun 5, 2009 at 6:23:15 pm

Hello,

I've connected full HD LCD display to HDMI output of Kona 3 LHi. Test bars appear, but colors are not correct - white bar is cyan, blue is pink, black is red, etc. That monitor does not have HDMI input, but we used HDMI<>DVI adaptor. Any ideas what's behind that problem?

Thanks in advance

Krzysztof

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
Re: HDMI preview
on Jun 6, 2009 at 2:35:47 am

[Krzysztof Kalukin] "That monitor does not have HDMI input, but we used HDMI<>DVI adaptor. Any ideas what's behind that problem?"

Probably your HDMI to DVI adaptor. What kind of monitor is this? What other connectors does it have?

[Krzysztof Kalukin] "I've connected full HD LCD display to HDMI output of Kona 3 LHi."

Is it a Kona 3, or is it a Kona LHi? These are 2 different cards.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Krzysztof Kalukin
on Jun 6, 2009 at 7:57:13 am

That's iiiyama Pro Lite e2208hds. I conntected that monitor do DVD player using the same HDMI cable - everything is OK. When I connected other LCD monitor to Kona - situation the same - colors are not correct.

The card is Kona LHi of course.

Krzysztof

Return to posts index

Ramona Howard
on Jun 10, 2009 at 1:16:33 am

Don't forget to add that you can push ANY colorspace down HDMI and DVI you can not!

So start with the content, is it higher than 8 bit 4:2:2? If it is then, guess what, it won't look the same no matter what you do.

If it is only 8bit 4:2:2, then move onto the next issue to rule out.

Best of luck

Ramona

Play hard today, it may be raining tomorrow!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]