FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS4 support?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pat McGowan
CS4 support?
on May 28, 2009 at 2:32:03 am

Just installed CS4 on a new MACPRO with a KONA LHi. Seems that Premiere Pro is not supported by the LHi and vice versa. Or is it me?

Return to posts index

Pat McGowan
Re: CS4 support?
on May 28, 2009 at 3:12:22 am

Thanks Jeremy. Downloaded and installed the two updates plus a firmware update and no joy. I can now see the AJA options but PPRO crashes and shuts down anytime I try to address the AJA LHi card - new project setup, capture, batch capture dialogues.

Any ideas??

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 28, 2009 at 4:38:26 am

Yeah, you know what? I think you're right. CS4 and the LHi aren't quite working yet.

Perhaps try contacting AJA tomorrow.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Pat McGowan
on May 28, 2009 at 11:28:24 am

It's a definite no-go at this point in time. Tried on 4 systems.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on May 28, 2009 at 4:06:54 pm

I'm pretty sure the problem here is Adobe. We're waiting on the 4.1 drivers to release. One of the key features of this update is better 3rd party hardware integration support.

We're also hearing from our hardware vendors that Premiere Pro in general is working much better on the PC side then the Mac side right now, especially with regards to I/O hardware. Once again, the 4.1 release is supposed to resolve this.

Spoke to Adobe yesterday, good news is 4.1 is "any day now".

Gary

http://www.videoguys.com 800 323-2325 | We are the video editing and production experts!

Return to posts index

Pat McGowan
on May 28, 2009 at 6:15:03 pm

Man, there's always something!

Why would AJA post drivers and utilities for CS4 when they can't work based on the status of the Adobe software?? That's a bit frustrating.I really hope "any day" means tomorrow 'cause I have 100 greenscreen scenes I want to bring over from AXIO machines (CS3) and key in CS4 on my new LHi powered MACS......

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on May 28, 2009 at 7:04:57 pm

Just got this form my guy at Adobe:

The new CS4 video updates will be available late tonight/Friday morning . These updates contain several new updates and several critical fixes for After Effects.

Some of the new features are:

Major Speed improvements for Media Encoder (new support for RED)
New RED R3D workflow & Raw setting panel
Avid Import & Export (We are currently testing FCP Export)
DVD/VOB support (edit directly off the DVD !)
Faster/smooth AVCHD playback
Faster project loading
New Frame Export
And more......

The 3 updates are:
After Effects 9.02
Premiere Pro 4.1
Media Encoder 4.1

http://www.videoguys.com 800 323-2325 | We are the video editing and production experts!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]