FORUMS: list search recent posts

Output Quicktime or VLC player in Kona3

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kasper Sørensen
Output Quicktime or VLC player in Kona3
on May 16, 2009 at 3:41:29 pm

Hi

Is there some way you can enable your Kona3 card as a 3rd monitor, or make it preview either VLC player or QuickTime?
I need it in a lecture i'm doing on editing.

The control panel i have is 6.0 and i have tryed with the "Enable desktop display" check box.

Kind regards,
Kasper

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Output Quicktime or VLC player in Kona3
on May 16, 2009 at 4:48:42 pm

AJA TV. This must be a video codec, though, any codec from any of the AJA easy setups, save HDV.

It's free and probably already installed on your computer.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Kasper Sørensen
on May 16, 2009 at 8:50:49 pm

I have tryed with the AJA TV, but it dossent support .MKV files. Is there a way, to install codecs into the AJA TV?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 16, 2009 at 11:37:59 pm

[Kasper Sørensen] "Is there a way, to install codecs into the AJA TV?"

AJA TV is basically a front end player to Quicktime that plays out through the Kona. If QT can support it and it is a SMPTE based video format, then usually the Kona can support playback.

I just looked up mkv and that seems to be it's own container, kind of like quicktime and it can have a multitude of codecs. I would imagine that AJA TV would not be able to play this back as it's not QT based. you would also need the appropraite decoder for whatever compressor is wrapped in the mkv.

If you can convert the mkv file to any QT codec that is in the FCP library, then you will have no trouble.

If this isn't good enough, you can enable the MacDesktop feature and drag a VLC window over there and play from there. If you can, try updating to the latest Kona drivers along with the latest Kona firmware (a separate process).

Jeremy

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on May 17, 2009 at 10:40:47 am

[Kasper Sørensen] " but it dossent support .MKV files. Is there a way, to install codecs into the AJA TV?"

Kasper

MKV files are available for windows only and it is a lagging open source solution that is not really a standard and is not supported on the MAC.

No there is no way to install them to play out via the Kona card without converting to a Apple system codec.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Check out
http://www.aja.com/kiprotour/

Inside look at the IoHD
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]