FORUMS: list search recent posts

online xdcam issue?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emmet Reddy
online xdcam issue?
on Apr 18, 2009 at 10:20:05 am

Hi all.
I just finished editing a project using xdcam rendering with apple pro res.
i then put it on a drive to be printed to tape cuz we cant afford a digi recorder.
I sent it to another post house in and they told me i had to export out the movie uncompressed 10bit for them to print to digi? they are using a kona card so i thought they can play the apple pro res 1920 X 1080 time line and the kona card does the downconvert so no need to export out everything at 720 X 576 widescreen 10bit am am i wrong or wright?

Thanks Emmet

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
Re: online xdcam issue?
on Apr 18, 2009 at 2:07:38 pm

[Emmet Reddy] "I sent it to another post house in and they told me i had to export out the movie uncompressed 10bit for them to print to digi?"

You need to have this discussion with the post house that's doing the layoff. Having it with anyone else is academic. They probably have their reasons for wanting 10 bit UC, maybe their software isn't compatible with ProRes.

If they only want 10 bit UC, then give it to them. If you only want to deliver ProRes, then find another shop that will take it. That's pretty much all there is to it.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on Apr 18, 2009 at 9:43:16 pm

The Kona card doesn't care what the codec is, it will down covert and put it to tape. Find another house that will do what you want, not what they want.

Dajen Productions, Santa Barbara, CA
MacPro Two 2.8GHz Quad Core - AJA Kona LHe
FCP 6.0.4 OS X 10.5.5 QT 7.5.5

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Apr 19, 2009 at 12:51:29 pm

[Emmet Reddy] "they are using a kona card so i thought they can play the apple pro res 1920 X 1080 time line"

did you ever think maybe they are not on the latest FCP? or sounds more like it is an Avid house - since that would be the best way to get QT video into the avid for layoff.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Inside look at the IoHD
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]