FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aja Kona LSe and composite video direct from SX camera problem

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Gurney
Aja Kona LSe and composite video direct from SX camera problem
on Apr 18, 2009 at 7:12:37 am

Hi,

I do a lot of chromakey work, and recently bought a Sony DNW-90 SX camcorder, as it offers high quality 4:2:2 video which keys very well. It also offers composite video playback directly out of the BNC port on the rear of the camera. This camera has been used inbroadcasting, and is well serviced and has no known faults.

My problem is this: When I connct the cameras composite video out to the input on the Kona card breakout cable, the video I am trying to capture appears corrupted, with rollong grey flasing areas seemingly on top of an otherwise steady image. (To see a clip of this problem please visit this link http://www.swrr.co.uk/video/dnw-90.mov )

I have done some test and established the following facts:

• I've tried using 3 other SX camcorders and I get the same problem
  • The problem persists even if I use a wireless video link from the SX to the Kona
  • I've adjusted every setting there is on the card and it doesn't make any difference.
  • I get the same problem capturing to both FCP and Premiere
  • The capture is fine if I use the composite out from my DSR-450 camcorder or any other composite video device

So as far as I can tell, it's just something about my SX camcorders video out that the Kona doesn't like. If this can't be fixed, my only options are to buy a Blackmagic card and prey the same thing doesn't happen, or buy an SX deck (which I can't afford).

I am using the latest Kona drivers on an Intel Mac Pro (the problem is there on both Tiger and Leopard)

Any ideas anybody? Pleeease!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]