FORUMS: list search recent posts

No audio out of Kona LH other than SDI

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Hall
No audio out of Kona LH other than SDI
on Apr 17, 2009 at 12:52:53 pm

I am trying use our Kona card to down convert HD video to SD and master to one all of our SD decks. So far I've managed to get the video out and routed without a problem but I can't seem to get the hang of the audio.

The only audio I get is via SDI embedded. This would be fine except I have it hook up to a JVC Digital S machine, BR-D92U, that has problems handling SDI embedded audio. The machine can accept AES digital audio and analog XLR inputs. I tried to connect the AES audio and the Analog out but I get nothing.

The Kona LH manual didn't seem to have much to say on the subject of audio output settings and my guess is that it should be automatic. I could use any help you can give.

My set up is a Power PC MAC G5 Dual 2GHz with 3.5 GB of ram. Running OSX 10.6 and Final Cut Pro 6.0.5. The Kona card I am using is the Kona LH.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: No audio out of Kona LH other than SDI
on Apr 17, 2009 at 4:18:17 pm

play back bars and tone. Plug your Kona LH directly into a mixer or speaker - not your VTR.
Do you get any audio. DO NOT USE YOUR VTR for these tests.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Bill Hall
on Apr 17, 2009 at 5:09:30 pm

I'm out of the office now and won't be able to get back to this problem till Wednesday but I'll let you know how it goes with the mixer.

Return to posts index

Bill Hall
on Apr 23, 2009 at 8:22:39 pm

Thanks a lot turns out it was the deck. Sometimes you can't forest for the trees and miss the easy solution. This should make the HD switchover go a whole lot smoother. I love this little AJA Kona card.

Return to posts index

Doug Beal
on Apr 23, 2009 at 9:29:05 pm

all outputs are active.

Doug Beal
Editor / Engineer
Rock Creative Images
Nashville TN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved