FORUMS: list search recent posts

Monitoring on Consumer LCD (NOT grading!)

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Nichols
Monitoring on Consumer LCD (NOT grading!)
on Apr 9, 2009 at 3:36:07 am

I have a nice 60" LCD Display that I want to set up as a client monitor taking the RGB feed out of the Kona 3. I am having some difficulty in getting anything other than downconverted images to play. Is it not possible to play HD out of the Primary and Secondary output simultaneously?

Abel Cine Tech - Rental Coordinator
Come see us at NAB 2009 April 20 – 23 | Central Hall Booth #C8537

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Monitoring on Consumer LCD (NOT grading!)
on Apr 9, 2009 at 3:52:08 am

[Michael Nichols] " Is it not possible to play HD out of the Primary and Secondary output simultaneously? "

Absolutely possible. In fact all three outputs can be three completely different things. None of them are "primary" or "secondary" they're all just outputs.

You need to ensure that your outputs in the Control Panel have not been changed.

Easiest way to make sure everything is correct is just choose the Easy Setup for what you're playing out.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

Read my Blog!

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Apr 9, 2009 at 1:49:32 pm

[Michael Nichols] "aking the RGB feed out of the Kona 3. I am having some difficulty in getting anything other than downconverted images to play. Is it not possible to play HD out of the Primary and Secondary output simultaneously? "

Sure is - you have to set that manually in the Kona Control panel, This cannot be done from within FCP.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Inside look at the IoHD
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Apr 9, 2009 at 2:46:29 pm

your 60" monitor does not have RGB inputs, nor does the AJA have RGB outputs. You have Y Pb Pr analog component signals that go into your 60" monitor (I never heard of a 60" monitor - 50, and 65, but not 60).

Close FCP.
Open the AJA Control Panel (do you know where this is ? )

go to the FORMAT tab, and set primary for 1080i, and secondary for 525

go to the control tab, and select test pattern, color bars

go to the ANALOG tab, and select ANALOG COMPONENT (not composite)
if you select primary, you will get HD bars, if you select secondary, you will get standard def bars.

Do you see a picture ?

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]