FORUMS: list search recent posts

Beta SP into LHe color problems

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Whittington
Beta SP into LHe color problems
on Apr 8, 2009 at 4:58:40 pm

Hey all,

I've hooked up my Beta SP deck (UVW-1800) into my Kona LHe to import into FCP. I've got component going out the Beta to the inputs on the LK box and XLR audio as well.

When I log and capture in FCP, the video shows up but the colors are completely off. Color bars at the front of the tape are wrong and video colors seem almost opposite of what they should be. Is this a setting on the beta deck? In the AJA control panel?

On a possibly related note, I have a black burst generator lying around. I have zero experience using one. Is this something I need to be using? If so, can anyone help on how to properly hook it up to the Beta deck and LHe?

Thanks very much!!!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Beta SP into LHe color problems
on Apr 8, 2009 at 5:04:55 pm

Sounds like your wires are crossed. Flip the red and blue cables.

Return to posts index

James Whittington
on Apr 8, 2009 at 9:32:18 pm

Thanks Jeremy...that was it. The I/O were ordered differently on the Beta and LHe.

Do you know much about using a black burst generator? I have one and have read it might be good to use, but everything seems to be working fine without it. Not sure if I should bother messing with it.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 8, 2009 at 9:38:49 pm

UVW1800, you should use it. Take two of the outputs of the black burst and put one in the ref in of the beta deck and flip the termination switch, then put one on the ref in of the KOna. Set your control panel to ref in.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]