FORUMS: list search recent posts

strange behaviour, plz help

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chemix Ferreiro
strange behaviour, plz help
on Apr 1, 2009 at 6:36:45 am

Yep, I think I'm going crazy by now...

but it's true: load a still in the viewer from a bin and looks fine. Drop it in the timeline and luma shifts up. Cmd+1 back to the viewer, looks fine (luma drops to normal) Cmd+3 back to the timeline, up goes luma...

I'm running FCS2 on an (yes I now) old dual G5 with Kona2, latest drivers, working on a KONA DVCPro HD easy setup, as many times before.

It gets better

If I double click the file to load it back in the viewer from the timeline (with the luma up) it will not drop it back, and will remain that way, the wrong way.

The stills are generated in Photoshop (I've tried with PSD, PNG, TGA, TIF,...) with little luck.

This never happened before and is not happening with video clips either (fingers crossed)

I've trashed prefs and double checked as many things as I can think of but would do it again happily if anyone can help me with this.

I will try to render clips from the stills in Aftereffects as a workaround, but rather try to fix the bug.

Any clues?

Many thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Stuart Simpson
Re: strange behaviour, plz help
on Apr 1, 2009 at 12:03:37 pm

Is your still CMYK rather than RGB?

-Simmie
6 MacPros - Kona 3 & Kona LH
1 G5s - Kona LH
xbox360, Wii, PSP, PS3
http://www.speak.co.uk

Return to posts index

Chemix Ferreiro
Re: strange behaviour, plz help
on Apr 1, 2009 at 7:20:31 pm

Hi there, and thank you for chipping in

The stills are RGB but what drove me nuts is that within FCP, I get two different previews, viewer & canvas don't match...???

The G5 is behaving strange anyhow. D'you know that weird feeling? It's just not "as always". As soon as I finish an ongoing job, it will go through FULL restore (:-())

In any case, I might just well upgrade to something faster and leave the G5 for secondary stuff...

Thanks a lot

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]