FORUMS: list search recent posts

2 question about Knoa LHe

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Allen
2 question about Knoa LHe
on Mar 19, 2009 at 4:17:40 pm

Let me say first that I am well aware of the sony transfer software that will allow me to bypass the Kona entirely for injest. However, I have run into a couple of problems that I need to know the answer to in order to better understand the Kona capture workflow.

The first question has to do with audio. If I capture from my sony F350 or my EX1 and downconvert to SD and capture with component I have no problems. But, if I attempt to come in component HD to Prores or DVCPro HD the video is good but the audio is out of sync and has pops in it. What am I doing wrong?

Question #2 is that when I attempt to come in SDI, I get no signal at all to control panel or FCP. The input is set to SDI in the panel but it says there is no signal. Any suggestions?

Mike

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
Re: 2 question about Knoa LHe
on Mar 19, 2009 at 4:24:42 pm

[Mike Allen] "If I capture from my sony F350 or my EX1 and downconvert to SD and capture with component I have no problems. But, if I attempt to come in component HD to Prores or DVCPro HD the video is good but the audio is out of sync and has pops in it. What am I doing wrong?"

I just ran into this myself.

on the input, change from Component (Betacam) to Component (SMPTE)
it makes no sense at all that would be a problem but it does cause component HD out of synch with audio pops. HD-SDI is not affected.

as for why your not getting a signal, You might have to play something out your HD-SDI to
get it to go for the framebuffer to recognize. if your not seeing video, try setting
up passthrough on the kona to your broadcast monitor and fiddle with your camera till you see signal.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]