FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona LHe Downconvert on input troubles

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Istook
Kona LHe Downconvert on input troubles
on Mar 8, 2009 at 11:47:22 pm

I've searched the threads and haven't found an answer for this problem yet.

I'm trying to capture from an HD DirecTV box -- 1080i HD footage into a DV FCP timeline.

On the Kona Control Panel, I have the primary format set to 525 29.97. Secondary is set to 1080 29.97. Downconvert is set to 'anamorphic' -- exactly how I want it.

My control panel is showing the input at 1080... then the downconvert icon... then the framebuffer at 525.

In FCP, in the log and capture box, when I set the capture input to one of the AJA 1080 presets, I see the video just fine. When I switch to AJA's DV option, the video catches and repeats a single frame -- unusable.

Am I missing something here? Is there a setting I've overlooked?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Marc

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Kona LHe Downconvert on input troubles
on Mar 9, 2009 at 2:39:30 pm

[Marc Istook] "When I switch to AJA's DV option, the video catches and repeats a single frame -- unusable. "

First of all, I am not sure that this will work as the dircet box might have come sort of copy protection, but if it doesn't:

then all you should need to do is choose an AJA SD easy setup. Arrange your desktop so that you can see both FCP and the Kona control panel at the same time. Select an AJA SD easy setup and then open Log and Capture. What is the control panel saying now?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Marc Istook
on Mar 10, 2009 at 3:42:20 am

Jeremy,

There's no copy protection, as the card captures the 1080i fine -- it's the downconvert it struggles with.

I got a customer service response from AJA -- apparently there's a bug in the 6.0.2 driver that should be fixed with an upcoming 6.0.3 update. Until then, they recommend going back to 6.0.1. I'm hoping that switch will make everything work as it should.

Thanks for your reply,

Marc

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 10, 2009 at 4:11:18 am

Godo to know. Thanks for passing that along.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]