FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playback going out of sync from Kona LHe - any suggestions?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugene Reynolds
Playback going out of sync from Kona LHe - any suggestions?
on Mar 8, 2009 at 6:56:56 pm

I have been trying to solve a problem I have had with footage playing back in an intermitant and fairly random out of sync way. It also appears to be getting worse. Sometimes it is fixed by quiting and opening FCP, but only for a short time. Having fiddled about for ages I hooked up the media drive to my MacBook Pro and it plays absolutely 100 percent fine again.
The only thing I can think is that my Kona LHe that is playing the audio on the MacPro is misbehaving or suffering in some way. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Playback going out of sync from Kona LHe - any suggestions?
on Mar 9, 2009 at 2:10:30 am

Are you in an MAC Pro early 2008 model ? What slot is your LHe in? Open up your Expansion Slot Utility, and make sure that it is not set for a x1 lane (it needs to be x4).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Francois Driessen
on Mar 10, 2009 at 9:47:58 pm

Yep. Thats the first place to look.
You'll find it in
System / Libary / CoreServices / Expansion Slot Utility.app

Had the same issue with audio weirdness that did not surface with DVCPRO HD but did with ProRes. - turns out that my Expansion utility somehow got reset and only allocated 1x to the slot for Kona3.

The weird thing is that Expansion Slot Utility does not recognize the Kona3 card when installed as it does other PCIe cards - which is probably the reason why it did not open the utility for you automatically in the first place when you installed the card.

Hope this gives you new life. in synch.

Francois

>- e y e f l a m e .tv -<
http://eyeflame.tv

Return to posts index

Eugene Reynolds
on Mar 11, 2009 at 10:46:01 am

Thanks to both of you for the responses.
It is the later MacPro as far as I understand it. The LHe is in slot 3 which again I beleive is a 3lane one.
I don't have expansion slot utility on my system and I have faint memory of being told that I don't need it because it is the later MacPro - when I was installing my LHe. It has been working fine for 7 months up until this.
The only help I've had from AJA is being reminded to install the latest driver (I hadn't) but this has made no difference.
Bit stuck now - any further suggestions would be gladly received.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]