FORUMS: list search recent posts

What graphiccards works good with kona and leopard? GeForce 7300 GT is driving me insane!

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Arvidsson
What graphiccards works good with kona and leopard? GeForce 7300 GT is driving me insane!
on Mar 5, 2009 at 1:36:03 pm

If you dont want to read this, just tell what graphic card you have that is working good with aja lhe.

Please tell me about your good working mac configuraions. Im particle interested in the graphic card.

Background story:
I bought the 8core on release back in 2007. Everything worked great until I installed leopard. With every Aja update i still get the
"Final Cut Pro requires that your system have a Quartz Extreme capable video card" error.

So what graphic cards is working with aja kona lhe and leopard 10.5 or 10.6? Im so tired of my messed up workflow (i have to reboot everytime i want to use the aja with shake or final cut). And with aja 6.0 it works with reboot, but 6.2 freezes the mac pro on startup. Today i updated leopard from 10.5 to 10.6 and i tried to switch on the desktop feature to se if it had solved any problems. My luck again, i got the bluescreen of death (it freeze on startup). So Im going back to the timemachine backup i just did before the update right now.

So what is working for you guys????

Cheers
Joel

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: What graphiccards works good with kona and leopard? GeForce 7300 GT is driving me insane!
on Mar 5, 2009 at 1:42:09 pm

ATI Radeon 2600 in an Octo Core 3.2

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

Read my Blog!

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: What graphiccards works good with kona and leopard? GeForce 7300 GT is driving me insane!
on Mar 5, 2009 at 2:39:52 pm

First, when you installed Leopard did you do a simple archive and install or did you start over form scratch? Starting over from scratch is the only way to be sure that you get a clean install.

Second, Are you trying to use the mac desktop feature of the Kona for Shake?

Third, are you sure your LHe is in the right place in your computer by follwing the instructions for pre2008?:

http://www.aja.com/html/support_kona_rec_sys.htm

For what it's worth, I have a pre2008 MacPro and a Kona 3, and I use an ATI x1900. It works just fine.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Joel Arvidsson
on Mar 5, 2009 at 4:32:55 pm

First i did just update from the leopard dvd but then when the mac freezed the first time i did an clean install.
Yes im trying to use the mac desktop feature of the Kona for Shake?

I did place the aja card as instructed on the day i bought the mac which was just when they released the 8core 2007.
slot 1 i have the graphic card, 2 is empty, 3 is kona and 4 is an serial ata card from caldigit (it's for a raid).

Thanks I will try to change the output of my graphic card tho the other slot and se if that helps.

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Mar 5, 2009 at 6:46:58 pm

[Joel Arvidsson] "Thanks I will try to change the output of my graphic card tho the other slot and se if that helps. "

STOP>..

DO NOT MOVE The Graphics Card.

Your Graphics card has 2 DVI connection on it=== you are on the the inside DVI port (left port)-

Try connecting your monitor to the DVI port on the RIGHT side of the card( closest to the side of the machine) and see if this message goes away.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Inside look at the IoHD
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Mar 5, 2009 at 3:13:08 pm

[Joel Arvidsson] ". Everything worked great until I installed leopard. With every Aja update i still get the "Final Cut Pro requires that your system have a Quartz Extreme capable video card" error. "

first - update- this is not an issue with the current OS / QT versions.

if you cannot update the software,

switch the port on your graphics cards that the computer monitor is connected to. It was a issue in QT regarding addressing when there was video playback with more than one card installed in the machine.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Inside look at the IoHD
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Joel Arvidsson
on Mar 5, 2009 at 4:59:19 pm

Godammit! Gary you might have solved my headeck since leopard was realesed! I just started fcp with the desktop display feature enabled. I try it a bit an post if it keeps working. Me soooooooooooooooo happy!

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Francisco Lopez Luro
on Jan 18, 2010 at 4:10:18 am

Hi, I'm trying to help a friend with a Kona card, and
I'm a totally newbie in this subject.
I would like to ask general question
related to this Desktop Feature that the Kona has
and you mention in the post that you are using.

I don't understand exactly what can and can't be
done with this feature. I've read the manual of the
Kona LS but I'm still with doubts.
I've read in all this posts that most of you use FCP,
I have a simpler need, I just want an interface
of a player for broadcasting quicktime videos through
the Kona, with a playlist and no much more. Using the
Aja TV is a nightmare, because every time I lost the
focus and any other app gain focus, my broadcast stops.

Can I use something like VLC to play from there some videos
in fullscreen (in the kona monitor) and still be able
to work with the computer desktop as normal ?
It would be like sending the canvas of the player to the
Kona card, while I work on the desktop.
What I did understand from the manual, is that there are only
a few apps that can directly communicate with the board,
through specific (propietary?) codecs and "components??",
so any other app that want to send video must use this
Desktop Feature, but I still can't get the idea of how it works.

thanks very much, any information will be helpfull!,
and please forgive my english.

francholi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]