FORUMS: list search recent posts

first (of many) new issues with new MAC Pro

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelin
first (of many) new issues with new MAC Pro
on Mar 4, 2009 at 1:31:46 am

from the Apple website -

"All Mac Pro graphics cards support two Apple displays. To connect two 24-inch Apple LED Cinema Displays, an additional NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 graphics card is required. To connect two 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Displays, a Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter is required."

REPLY - so to me, this means that if you have 2 24" DVI or VGA displays that you want to use (my monitors work just fine) - then you are SCREWED. In addition, doesn't the above statement make it seem that if you DO want to use 2 24" monitors, you need to tie up one of the valuable slots, AND have to buy an ADDITIONAL graphics card (for more money) just to use another screen.

I don't fully understand this, but if I just read it simply - if you want to use your 2 HP or Dell (or even Apple Cinema displays), you can't do it without adaptors, and an additional graphics card.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: first (of many) new issues with new MAC Pro
on Mar 4, 2009 at 1:51:35 am

[Bob Zelin] "I don't fully understand this, but if I just read it simply - if you want to use your 2 HP or Dell (or even Apple Cinema displays), you can't do it without adaptors, and an additional graphics card. "

No. I think people are misunderstanding this. There's a display port and a DVI port. You plug your DVI port into the DVI and you get a display port adaptor that will adapt your DVI to display port.

A couple of them are $29. The Dual link DVI one is $99. You don't need two graphics cards unless you have two display port monitors.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]