FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transfer problem

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alfredo Fernandez
Transfer problem
on Feb 27, 2009 at 12:20:12 am

Hello, I am having a problem while I capture a HDV tape shot at 1080i, I capture in Aja Kona 1080i 29.97, and when I got play back the image its vibrates and and has a delay problem, I have no idea what it is, i then restart the machine and the delay is gone but the image is not smooth. My machine is a Mac Pro 3.0 with 8 GB of ram. Please help.

Thank You
Alfredo Fernandez

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Transfer problem
on Feb 27, 2009 at 1:05:32 pm

[Alfredo Fernandez] " I am having a problem while I capture a HDV tape shot at 1080i, I capture in Aja Kona 1080i 29.97"

You need to supply more info, FCP/ software / OS versions, which Kona card,
how it was captured

you did not really tell us enough to help with.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Inside look at the IoHD
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Alfredo Fernandez
on Feb 27, 2009 at 8:20:34 pm

Sorry about that, my machine is a Mac Pro 3.0 with 8gb of Ram installed running Leopard, I am running Final Cut 6.05 and my card is a Kona 3, the way I captured it was basically through a sony HDV deck, the MV25 went to capture now and changed the settings to Aja Pro Res 422 1080i 29.97 and just captured it. The deck is connected to the breakout box through SDI and im using a Digital to Analog converter from Aja model is HD10AVA. I capture the video fine, but when I go to play it back the image is not smooth, and has a delay problem on my production monitor which is connected also through SDI from the breakout box. I was wondering if it was the Ram or what it could be. I had an IO HD before and I was having problems with a garage door look on my production monitor and it was delaying my machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Alfredo Fernandez

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Feb 28, 2009 at 8:23:31 pm

This is a guess. The AJA Kona 3 must be in the correct slot in the MAC Pro to work. If you have an older MAC Pro, there is something in the Apple OS called the Expansion Slot Utility. This must be set so that your disk drive card, and your AJA Kona 3 card operate in a x4 slot. If the slot in the MAC is set as a x1 slot, this problem may occur.

navigate to -
/system/library/core services
in this folder, you will see
Expansion Slot Utility
click on this, and you can now change the number of lanes per PCI-e slot

When your card is in a x4 slot, it will operate properly.
If you write back, please tell me what operating system you are using (OS-X 10.5.6 ?), what disk drives are you using, and what compression ratio setting in Final Cut Pro are you using.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]