FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony PVW-2800 BetaSP Layback via AJA Kona LHE, Tracking Issue

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler Parent
Sony PVW-2800 BetaSP Layback via AJA Kona LHE, Tracking Issue
on Feb 22, 2009 at 9:26:32 am

Hi there,

I'm attempting to layback to a Sony PVW-2800 BetaSP deck from Final Cut Pro Studio 2 via the AJA Kona LHe. Though the Video and Audio play, preview and record at what seems to be the correct speed, The Beta SP deck continuously tracks the entire image downward. It does so until the image is positioned properly at which point it will hold it for about 4 minutes and then falls back into a slow downward movement over the span of about 30 minutes. I am assuming the machine is in working order as we own it and I successfully used it for a capture project earlier today. the FCP sequence is 525 29.97 10bit, 47 minutes. Any ideas would be greatly appreshiated. Thanks so much.

Tyler Parent
Film Sound One

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Sony PVW-2800 BetaSP Layback via AJA Kona LHE, Tracking Issue
on Feb 22, 2009 at 12:14:27 pm

This is a symptom of no Sync being fed to the system or differing Sync for the VTR and the Kona.

1 - This is not being recorded to tape this way. If you play back the tape after recording, your image should play back normally.

2 - you should have a Sync (Black Burst) generator feeding both the Kona and the VTR. The Kona has a REF IN port just for this. Then in the Kona Control Panel you need set to the REF IN to REF. So long as you're feeding the same signal to both the VTR and the Kona, the picture will lock up on the VTR.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

Read my Blog!

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!

Return to posts index

Tyler Parent
on Feb 22, 2009 at 3:47:56 pm

Thank you very much Walter! This was exactly the issue. I truly appreciate the extremely quick response.

Tyler Parent
Film Sound One

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Feb 22, 2009 at 5:11:30 pm

AJA GEN10.

Buy one, or move out of town !

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 22, 2009 at 7:54:30 pm

[Bob Zelin] "or move out of town ! "

You can runaway....but you can't runaway from yoursync.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]