FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Kona LHe Synch problems...

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Lyons
AJA Kona LHe Synch problems...
on Feb 14, 2009 at 8:14:29 am

Hi All,
I just moved a DVCPRO HD 720p60 project from a G5 system with a Kona 2 to a new 3.0/8-core MacPro /16G RAM AJA Kona LHe (w/K-box).

The FCP playback setting on the new MacPro is set to 720p59.94 8bit just as it was on the old G5 system. I am monitoring video with the Kona card via HD-SDI the audio via kona RCA's on the breakout. The audio and video stay in synch for about 5-6 seconds then starts drifting. If I just playback using the Digital Cinema Display option I can use my computer monitor and playback with no synch issues. A lot of posts about this issue suggest to make sure the Kona card is placed in PCI slot 3 (which mine is), or to run the expansion port utility, tried and it doesnt run on this machine. I have the latest Kona control panel software... but I cannot seem to find a fix. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: AJA Kona LHe Synch problems...
on Feb 14, 2009 at 6:21:41 pm

You have a newer MacPro so you don't need the expansion slot utility.

For an LHe you need Slot 2

http://www.aja.com/html/support_kona_rec_sys.htm

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jason Lyons
on Feb 14, 2009 at 9:15:42 pm

Many thanks that did the trick! That's at least worth 2 beer credits, put it on my tab. I dont know where you found that document on their website, but I certainly didnt see it on the KONA LHe / LH Support page.

Thanks again.
j

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 16, 2009 at 12:21:16 am

[Jason Lyons] "That's at least worth 2 beer credits, put it on my tab. I dont know where you found that document on their website,"

:) Gladly.

The document is linked to from the "System Recommendations" box on the right side of this page:

http://www.aja.com/html/support_konaLHe_swd.html

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]