Hey All,

Here's a little about my setup:
Quad Core Intel Mac
OS 10.5.6
Brand new Kona LHe card
6.0.2 Kona Drivers
Aja Adobe plugins
Adobe Premiere Pro 3.2

So here is what's happening. Regular DV footage captured by Premiere Pro (over firewire) loses its audio sync. If I open the same footage in a quicktime player it's fine - looks rock solid, but in PPR - it's at least 5 or more seconds off.

I just imported this same footage into FCP (on the same mac) and it is in sync, and will play out of the Kona card. Don't ask why I'm trying to do this on PPR instead of FCP, let's just say it's a client/work thing.

Other curious things about PPR since installing the Kona plugins - in the standard DV project from the PPR presets (not an AJA preset) the footage that I just captured goes into the timeline with a red render bar over it (same project mind you) and when you play it back it looks very pixelated in the source and program windows. Is this normal? Why would the AJA plugins cause a project to play back it's own footage as if it's non realtime?

That same DV footage put into a AJA preset project goes into the timeline without any render bars but the audio is off.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong? Anyone else experience this?

John Bollenbacher
10engines

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]