FORUMS: list search recent posts

aja xdcam output issue?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emmet Reddy
aja xdcam output issue?
on Feb 5, 2009 at 6:08:26 pm

OK last week i was able to view my xdcam output to my monitor perfectly now it wont work i selected my easy set up in FCP aja kona 1080i 25 10 bit uncompressed and i selected my secondary output to the same in mu Kona control panel, but i cant get an image, any ideas what im doing wrong? please help

Thanks Emmet

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: aja xdcam output issue?
on Feb 5, 2009 at 6:13:57 pm

Becuase XDCam isn't 10bit Uncompressed. I would imagine you would need the AJA Kona 1080i HDV Playback option.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

paul waide
on Feb 6, 2009 at 10:43:32 pm

Try the 8bit setup. Mine works with this but not the 10 bit. I think it has to do with what the monitor will accept.

Return to posts index

Emmet Reddy
on Feb 9, 2009 at 5:42:11 pm

Hi guys thanks for the response but im still having trouble, let me try to explain.

I dont know why but a couple of weeks ago i could view my footage on my monitor via my kona Lhe, nice and clear with the set up 1080i 25 10 bit uncompressed now i cant?
Anway my footage is progressive and not interlaced and there is no easy setup for 1080p 25? it will however play back when i select any of the 720p setups but the picture looks all flickery, the only set up which has a clear picture is the 1080psf 24 10 bit uncompressed setting but this wont play back just updates when i move the time line, so it looks like i need to use a ajakona 1080p 25 set up which dosent seem to exist?

Please help?????
Emmet

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Feb 9, 2009 at 6:12:08 pm

[Emmet Reddy] "Anway my footage is progressive and not interlaced and there is no easy setup for 1080p 25?"

because your cameras format is called progressive segmented frame and is always played as interlaced output on a display hence the setting is called 25i.

the EX cannot handle a truly progressive output in 1080 because that is not the format. The only camera that most people can use that shoots and outputs as 1080p is the RED camera.

[Emmet Reddy] "so it looks like i need to use a ajakona 1080p 25 set up which dosent seem to exist? "

for the EX camera you would need to use the AJA Kona 1080 25i setup.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Inside look at the IoHD
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Emmet Reddy
on Mar 1, 2009 at 4:31:31 pm

Hi Im back again working on this system with the same problem i cant monitor my xdcam footage, the last time i gave up because it was only going to dvd and i used the computer monitors and the dvd looked fine, but this is a broadcast job so i need to be able to monitor my footage. please help it worked fine a couple of months ago.????

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]