FORUMS: list search recent posts

Random distortion (not another blackburst issue)

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Davidson
Random distortion (not another blackburst issue)
on Feb 2, 2009 at 11:30:20 pm

Hey guys,

Odd scenario here and perhaps you can offer some insight. I've got a relatively new Mac Pro, 16 gigs ram, lots of drive space, Kona 3 with IO, A500 digibeta, and a blackburst generator going into everything. We are running all the latest AJA software/firmware and Leopard is 10.5.6. My Digibeta out ref is set to "Ref" and my Kona Control panel is also setup to Ref in. Tapes lay back correctly and I haven't run into any red channel errors and we've done lots of laybacks. So, I believe that this is NOT a ref issue.

Here's the problem. I have mac audio set to output via the Kona (output is about 3/4 to full). I'll listen to itunes while working and all is well. Until....once a day roughly, I'll be listening to music and the audio will gradually become distorted until the point of being completely inaudible over the course of a few minutes. I'll shut down some programs and it will eventually come back. This affects everything coming out of the Kona card.

Does this appear to be a faulty kona 3 card issue? I tried changing the ref settings in the aja control panel in the middle of the last distortion field I entered, but to no avail.

Thanks for your advice!
John

John
Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Random distortion (not another blackburst issue)
on Feb 2, 2009 at 11:49:43 pm

I've run into this anomaly with iTunes too, if I switch between FCP and iTunes.

If I am doing something tedious in FCP that doesn't require audio monitoring, and I want to listen to music, I just use my ipod now.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
Re: Random distortion (not another blackburst issue)
on Feb 2, 2009 at 11:51:29 pm

Crazy thing was, today I just had ichat/mail/safari/itunes open when it happened. There wasn't any hardcore work going on other than I had just booted up about 30 minutes prior.

John
Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]