FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona 3 : How to stop letterboxing

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Malcolm Dyer
Kona 3 : How to stop letterboxing
on Feb 2, 2009 at 6:28:39 am

Hello
I have some 1080i50 XDCAM EX footage which I need to convert to Anamorphic PAL Digital Betacam using SDI.
This is a trial run for an ProRes job I will have to export later in the week.
I exported a sequence to ProRes HQ (using Compressor) to simulate this then created a new project with 1080i50 ProRes sequence settings and brought the rendered clip into it.
When I use 'Print to Video' I open AJA Control Panel and set the Frame Buffer to 1080i50 and the Secondary Format to 625i25 which brings up the Downconvert box. SDI output 1 is set to secondary.
Both Upconvert and Downconvert boxes are set to Anamorphic.
The default bars come out of the Digi Betaa 4:3 but when I Print to Video it letterboxes and I can't find a way to stop it.
Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
Thanks
Malcolm

PMW-EX1
HVR-A1P
Vegas 8 Pro

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Kona 3 : How to stop letterboxing
on Feb 2, 2009 at 1:53:32 pm

e [Malcolm Dyer] "When I use 'Print to Video' I open AJA Control Panel and set the Frame Buffer to 1080i50 and the Secondary Format to 625i25 which brings up the Downconvert box. SDI output 1 is set to secondary. "

First and foremost check your Easy Setup in FCP. It should be set to AJA Kona 3 ProRes 1080i/50, if not, change it.

Now Open the AJA Control Panel

Primary should be 1080i/50

Secondary should be 625/25

Downconvert should be set to Anamorphic

Now switch back to FCP, go to your HD Sequence and look at the output of the Kona, NOT the DigiBeta. You should see a Anamorphic.

Now check the output of your DigiBeta, this should also now be Anamorphic.

If you see Letterbox coming out of the DigiBeta, then there is a menu setting in the DigiBeta that needs to be changed.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

Read my Blog!

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!

Return to posts index

Malcolm Dyer
Re: Kona 3 : How to stop letterboxing
on Feb 2, 2009 at 8:52:03 pm

Thanks Walter
I used Easy Setup again and although nothing seemed to change I replaced the file on the timeline and it now works.

Malcolm

PMW-EX1
HVR-A1P
Vegas 8 Pro
MacPro/Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]