FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best combo for Kona 3 + MacPro

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juha Laaksometsa
Best combo for Kona 3 + MacPro
on Jan 28, 2009 at 11:36:23 am

Our company is going for a new editstation, along side 4 pc-based systems, we're up for the Mac-challenge next.

Been so long in the pc-world and with such a small knowledge on Macs I thought to probe this forum thread with some questions.

Planning to go with Kona 3, or maybe 3x, not quite sure yet. But into which core of MacPro they fit best, 8 - quad - what? What sort of graphics card would be optimal? Minimum memory gb? Plus a raid system of course... Going to fix it with Final Cut Studio Pro 2 of course. Looking for the best performance of course, but stability as well. In HDV, SD and HD, probs with the 2k too with our filmscanners.

Been searching info thru the web and this forum too, but all the system setups found vary quite a bit. So I came to ask the masters of the trade :)

And one important point: where to get properly fixed turnkey system and what pricing?

We locate in Finland, but been checking the UK markets as the £ is in quite reasonable rates nowadays :)

Thanks for any info!

Juha
Reel One Ltd

Return to posts index

Matthew Causon
Re: Best combo for Kona 3 + MacPro
on Jan 28, 2009 at 10:27:25 pm

Hello Juha

This is quite a big question to answer.

Regardless of the responses you may get I would advise that you also talk to an integrator such as TV Tools in Finland who can help with all of this and local support. TV Tools are very experienced with AJA and the sort of set up you are asking for.

If you'd like an introduction or if I can help in any way let me know.

Kind regards

Matthew Causon
AMP
European Channel Management for AJA

Return to posts index

Ruslan Akmanov
Re: Best combo for Kona 3 + MacPro
on Jan 29, 2009 at 10:46:43 am

Hi Juha
It's hard to find ready system, but I have big experience with Mac Edit stations. I'm from Azerbaijan but I can try to help You via Internet. Write to my e-mail if You want and we will continue . . .

best regards
ruslan_3d

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]