FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio pops and clicks when changing apps

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Koby
audio pops and clicks when changing apps
on Jan 26, 2009 at 6:47:43 pm

Hey guys,

We've been seeing a situation where we get an audio "pop" from the LHE when we switch in and out of FCP and the AJA control panel. I think the pop is coming across the embedded audio on the sdi out. We are using an aja audio de-embedder to take the audio from the sdi signal. We don't use the analog outs from the card, so i don't know if it is happening there as well.

Has anyone else run into this issue? It started happening on a few systems, but not on all. These systems haven't been updated. It could be the de-embedder going bad... I haven't tried swapping it out yet.

kk

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: audio pops and clicks when changing apps
on Jan 27, 2009 at 2:41:31 am

I doubt it's SDI only, i'd try and see what your analog sounds like too.

When switching between apps, is the KOna card staying in the same format, or are you jumping from HD in FCP to SD in the control panel or vice versa. Try setting the Control Panel to the same format as FCP and hop back and forth.

Also, do you have sync running around your facility?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Keith Koby
on Jan 27, 2009 at 5:00:12 pm

Its jumping from HD to SD between the ctrl panel and fcp when we get the pop. When it stays HD to HD for example, no pop.

Keith Koby
Head of Post-Production Engineering
iNDEMAND NETWORKS
Howard TV!/MOJO/Movies On Demand/iNDEMAND Pay-Per-View

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 27, 2009 at 5:06:44 pm

That's what I thought. I don't know a fix for it, perhaps call AJA. It happens to me at home on my consumer tv setup where the programming jumps from national HD to local SD. It might just be a phonomenon.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Erik Mickelson
on Apr 22, 2009 at 3:38:07 pm

This worked for me too! Thanks to the cow we get burgers and answers. Make sure that you are not cross converting or downconverting and there will be no pops in the audio(ie keep the Kona Control Panel setting at native resolution for your external monitor). I think this is right.

Thanks Bessy

MacPro Dual Core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz, 6GB ram, 1TB Raid, Tiger 10.4.11, FCPStudio 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]