FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona 3 crashing FCP?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Ohler
Kona 3 crashing FCP?
on Jan 15, 2009 at 2:39:47 am

Running FCP 5.1.4 on a PowerMac G5 Quad Core, OS 10.4.11, QT 7.5 and Kona 3.4 over an XSAN. Over the last week I noticed tremendous latency when click off Final Cut and clicking back into it. I would get the beach ball of death for sometimes a minute or so until I could work actively in FCP again.

Beginning yesterday the problem progressed to the point where I could no longer display video out to my NTSC, audio would play on the meters in FCP but no out of the Kona and the beach ball of death arrived with no way out. Tried new projects, different media with the same problems. Once I turned the Video out to None and Display no frames everything works fine. So all I can tell is there's something going on either with Kona 3 hardware or software. Did all the rubber chicken tricks with preferences and permissions and reinstalled the Kona software to no avail.

Haven't had any problems like this before and as I said it may have started gradually and then climaxed yesterday. I was thinking it might have been corrupt media, XSAN too full, but since all problems go away once the Kona is turned off, it has to have something to do with it.

Any similar experiences out there with any suggestions for fixes would be great. I do have the possibility of trading the card out for another one but want to get some user feedback first.

Thanks everyone!

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Kona 3 crashing FCP?
on Jan 15, 2009 at 2:57:33 pm

[Philip Ohler] "Running FCP 5.1.4 on a PowerMac G5 Quad Core, OS 10.4.11, QT 7.5 and Kona 3.4 over an XSAN"

try updating to the V5.1 NDD drivers. IMHO the kona 3.4 drivers should not be used on the Tiger OS unless you are foolishly working with an older version ( pre -v5.1) of FCP.

http://www.aja.com/ajashare/AJA_KONA_3_Software_5.1_NDD.tar

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Inside look at the IoHD
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]