FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Issues AJA KONA LH

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ignacio Recondo
Audio Issues AJA KONA LH
on Jan 14, 2009 at 11:35:29 pm

When I monitor the audio out of the Aja through the mixer it sounds all broken and distorted. Im using the Analog out ch1 & ch2 into a Behringer mixer(Henyx 1222 fx if it matters at all)
When I use the RCA out into the mixer the sound is perfect.
Dont know if im doing something wrong....?

Thanks

NANO

Thank you

Nano :)

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
Re: Audio Issues AJA KONA LH
on Jan 15, 2009 at 12:12:07 am

[Ignacio Recondo] "When I monitor the audio out of the Aja through the mixer it sounds all broken and distorted. Im using the Analog out ch1 & ch2 into a Behringer mixer"

Behringer makes very price-competitive equipment that works well -- when it works.

Behringer competes on price to the point that they do not even want the old gear back when you file a warranty claim -- just throw the old one away when they send you the new one.

I would bet money that the Behringer mixer is faulty, as I have seen many new ones fail right out of the box. As I said, when they work, they are a great bargain and a Grammy winning Platinum recording engineer that I know says that their $100 mic compares very favorably with some of the $10k to $20k mics he uses in his studio. Again, when they work.

I have had a few and of three of their mixers, one has worked and two had issues right out of the box.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jan 15, 2009 at 1:13:41 am

When I monitor the audio out of the Aja through the mixer it sounds all broken and distorted. Im using the Analog out ch1 & ch2 into a Behringer mixer(Henyx 1222 fx if it matters at all)
When I use the RCA out into the mixer the sound is perfect.
Dont know if im doing something wrong....?

REPLY -
when you monitor, are you using the AJA KL box ? The XLR outputs have a +4dBu output. This MUST go into the 1/4" TRS inputs (the line input) of the Behringer Xenyx 1222FX mixer. If you are going into the XLR inputs of this mixer, you WILL GET DISTORTION.

You say when you use the RCA outputs into the mixer, the sound is perfect. The RCA outputs of the AJA KL box is -10dBu. This is 14dB less than the XLR outputs. You MUST send the XLR outputs to the 1/4" TRS inputs on the Xenyx 1222FX. If you do not have XLR to 1/4" TRS cables, you must buy them. If you do not have the money for XLR to 1/4" TRS cables, you must sell your blood, or your kidneys at the local hospital to get these cables.

Good luck Nano with the operation ! Remember, your life is not as important as the TV show that you are working on.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Bob Pierce
on Jan 15, 2009 at 1:58:54 am

God bless you, Bob Zelin. You just made my day - I needed a good laugh!
Bob Pierce

Mac Pro 2.66 - 8GB memory - Mac OS 10.5.2 - Quicktime 7.4.5 -
Mac Book Pro 2.33 Duo -
FC Studio 2 (Final Cut 6.0.3) - Kona Lhe
Adobe Production Suite CS3 -
Sony Multiformat 14" - Panasonic 42" Plasma -
Ikegami HLDV7 - PVW EX-1

Return to posts index

Jerry Alto
on Jan 15, 2009 at 4:59:32 am

Bob- AMEN!
jerry

G5 Dual 3GB Ram
FCP Studio 6.02
External 1 TB SATA Raid 0
Kona LH, Second system w AJA ioLA
Sony Z-1
GV-HD700

Return to posts index

jason levy
on Jan 15, 2009 at 1:54:15 pm

[Bob Zelin] "Remember, your life is not as important as the TV show that you are working on."

Gee, I thought it was just me ... Glad to hear it's a general condition. Misery loves company...

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
on Jan 15, 2009 at 2:18:37 pm

[Bob Zelin] "Remember, your life is not as important as the TV show that you are working on."

Thanks for NOT writing this while I was drinking coffee or I'd have shot it out my nose while simultaneously laughing and falling into an incredulous reactionary shock, Bob.

Now THIS was funny, Bob.

Ever a fan,

Ron Lindeboom
(who still doesn't trust (though I love) Behringer mixers and would definitely check it to make sure it's even working)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]