FORUMS: list search recent posts

LHe & KL pass-through problem

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Cheetham
LHe & KL pass-through problem
on Jan 9, 2009 at 1:57:52 pm

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my Kona LHe and KL that I just can't get my head around.

I use our KL box to output a monitoring signal via component to a Dell monitor. Everything dispays fine when using FCP in both SD & HD projects.

Today we've been trying to use the pass-through function to correct a focus prolem on one of you cameras (running into the KL by SDI and out by component at 1080/25i).

The image displays on the monitor but the hue is completely out of whack, very blue.

At first I thought that the monitor was hooked up incorrectly, yet the 100% color bars display OK.

Further to that I know that the image is coming into the KL OK as I've checked the signal using the Kona VT transfer app on my desktop. The colour is dispaying correctly in the capture preview.

Am I making a glaring error here?

Thanks,

Dan

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: LHe & KL pass-through problem
on Jan 9, 2009 at 3:59:25 pm

Is the compoenent output set to SMPTE/EBU format when in input passthrough mode?

Return to posts index

Dan Cheetham
on Jan 9, 2009 at 4:51:03 pm

Yes it is set to SMPTE/EBU

Thanks,

Dan

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 9, 2009 at 6:16:42 pm

Have you tried bypassing the Kbox and using the cable snake?

Return to posts index

Kevin Hedin
on Jan 10, 2009 at 4:41:11 am

I would like to second Dan's post. I'm having the exact same issue. This issue only came up during my AJA Driver update to version 6.0. When I boot back into my old startup drive with the older AJA drivers, the problem goes away.

What I discovered is, if you switch the red and the blue cables coming out of the KL Box, it fixes the picture during pass-through, but then you have to switch it back when you simply outputting through your NLE.

Kevin Hedin
Digital One, Inc.
Anchorage, AK

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 10, 2009 at 6:13:57 am

That's kind of what I suspected, but thought not possible. You should call AJA.

Have you tried it with just the cable snake and bypassing the KBox?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Dan Cheetham
on Jan 16, 2009 at 9:50:57 am

Ahoy,

As soon as we have some availability on the camera I'll test the cable (bypassing the box) and give an update.

Thanks for your help chaps.

Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]