FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP easy set up

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Doyle
FCP easy set up
on Jan 7, 2009 at 9:39:48 pm

Anyway to make it so the kona 3 options default to 2 audio channels instead of all 16?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCP easy set up
on Jan 8, 2009 at 12:01:20 am

Once you set it up in the Log and capture window, it should stick, until you trash your prefs.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jeremy Doyle
on Jan 8, 2009 at 2:26:34 pm

It only sticks for me if I don't change my set up again. Every time I change my easy set up it defaults to 16 channels. So in theory I guess it would work that way if I was only using 1 format all of the time.

My work around has been to log all my clips than in the browser select the clips I want to digitize, right click and change the audio settings from 16 to 2.

But sometimes I forget and those empty audio tracks eat a lot hard drive space. I can't tell you how many times I've been burned by this.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 8, 2009 at 4:06:10 pm

[Jeremy Doyle] " I can't tell you how many times I've been burned by this.
"

Yeah, it sucks. You just have to remember to set your audio tracks in the clip settings tab of the log and capture window before you start logging. You can tear off this tab and set it there. The log and capture window could stand an overhaul so that this information was right at your fingertips instead of hiding in a tab. But for me, once I set it even after changing easy setups, the setting sticks. Maybe we are talking about different things, here's a picture for reference:

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jeremy Doyle
on Jan 8, 2009 at 4:09:12 pm

We're talking about the same thing. It just doesn't stick for me. Or others at my office. I wish it did.
Thanks for taking the time to offer advice.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 8, 2009 at 4:51:16 pm

[Jeremy Doyle] "Thanks for taking the time to offer advice."

SOrry I couldn't work it out for you. Your best bet is to get in the habit of when you open the log and capture window, immediately tear off the Clip settings tab.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]