AJA Kona LHE no yellow/green output

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Footman
AJA Kona LHE no yellow/green output
on Jan 2, 2009 at 9:47:51 pm

computer: G5 Quad
card - AJA LHE
Problem: Using Final Cut Pro 6, and monitoring to a HD, LCD monitor, using component cables, missing yellow, green.

I've tried outputting to several different monitors, and each time, missing the yellow, green.
I'm using the composite analogue out breakout cable, plugging into LCD HD, 720p
Strangely, I tried a SDI monitor, and it intermittently did the same.. then corrected the problem on restart. I wonder if my card is bunk..

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: AJA Kona LHE no yellow/green output
on Jan 3, 2009 at 4:46:03 pm

yellow and green are not the primary colors of these cards. You are dealing with Y (the black and white portion of the signal- - if this was missing, you would see nothing), Pb (blue), and Pr (red).

I suggest that you go into the AJA Control panel, and select TEST PATTERN - COLOR BARS. Then go to the ANALOG tab, and select COMPOSITE instead of Component. TAke the "Y" Out cable, and stick this into the Comoposite Video Input of your HD monitor (they all have a composite video input- even the cheap ones do). Do you see color ? If you do, then the card is ok. Try component again (switch the tab in the Control Panel) - if it's bad (missing colors), either your cable is bad, or your TV is bad.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]