FORUMS: list search recent posts

Downstream Keyer Alpha help needed

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Buss
Downstream Keyer Alpha help needed
on Dec 16, 2008 at 1:42:30 am

I'm trying to setup the downstream keyer on my Kona 3. I want to do a "Frame Buffer over Video In" but can't seem to get it right. I've verified that the video is coming in okay from my HVX200 into the video in, but when I play the .mov it only shows the alpha layer. It's an Animation codec .mov and instead of applying the alpha layer to the RGB to cut away the area to show the video in on the layer below, it just shows the B&W alpha layer.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Downstream Keyer Alpha help needed
on Dec 22, 2008 at 11:53:25 pm

How are you trying to play this out? Through FCP?

Return to posts index

Brad Buss
on Dec 22, 2008 at 11:54:28 pm

Correct, I tried both FCP and AJA TV.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 23, 2008 at 12:06:20 am

Okay, so your video in is your camera (do you have a converter to something for the component to SDI?) And the frame buffer is your animation movie with an alpha channel. Is that right?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Brad Buss
on Dec 23, 2008 at 12:10:41 am

Right, and I'm converting the video to SDI with a HD10A.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 23, 2008 at 12:25:12 am

Perfect. Ok, this is pretty easy. First, your frame size and frame rate of both your incoming video and your animation movie must match.

If they don't, you must re-render your animation movie to match.

If that's all matching then,

1) Open your animation movie in AJA tv by right clicking and choose Open With > AJA TV

2) Click the 'DS Keyer' tab in the Kona control panel and choose 'Frame Buffer over VIdeo In"

3) Click the foreground premultiplied box if you render out premultiplied. Leave uncheck if you rendered with a straight alpha

4) CHoose audio out source if that's important to you

5) On the SDI Out 1 triangle of the KOna control panel, right click and choose Video+Key.

6) Go back to AJA tv and play the animation file. If you don't see anything, make sure the Display menu is set to your format/frame rate and RGBA. For instance, if you are working with 720p59.94 video, you need to make sure the Display is set to AJA Kona 720p59.94 RGBA.

7) Jump and down and think to yourself, what the hell would I do without AJA? or other similar happy thoughts.

8) Save. Quit. Go home early and drink Christmas Ale's until you see visions of sugarplums. If you don't drink alcohol, well, then replace Xmas Ale's with Jolt Cola.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Brad Buss
on Dec 24, 2008 at 12:55:01 am

Thanks Jeremy, I got it up and running. It turns out that when I recently moved offices I reversed the A and B channels going into my HDLink that I'm using to view. Sweet, but now I really wish I had an HD deck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]