*NEW* AJA KONA v6.0.2 software available
Available today at the Support section of our website is new version 6.0.2 software for the KONA lineup (as well as new v6.0.2 software for Io HD, see details on the Io Cow page). New features and fixes include:
*KONA 3 and KONA LHe New Feature*
- Extract 23.98 fps from a 1080i 29.97 fps HD-SDI signal such as the one provided by the Canon XH G1S
Note: Not all models of camcorders with 1080i29.97 HD-SDI output provide the flagged frame data needed for proper operation of this feature.
*Improvements and Fixes for KONA*
- Improved behavior when the external reference input does not match the selected video format - i.e., 525i29.97 (59.94Hz) reference and 1080i29.97 (59.94Hz) video
- Addressed a computer start-up/boot issue that could occur when the Macintosh Desktop feature was enabled in the AJA Control Panel application by creating a NDD version (no desktop display) in addition to a standard version of the driver (KONA LHe)
- Improved embedded audio behavior in certain situations where reference/blackburst/house sync is used (KONA LHe)
- Resolved an issue where the selected audio/video input matched the frame buffer format in the AJA Control Panel but an unselected, unmatched audio/video source was also connected and could produce dropped frames during captures (KONA LHe)
- Resolved an issue where clips captured as 1080PsF23.98 Apple ProRes 422 or Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) could be incorrectly read as having a field dominance of "upper." Clips are now correctly read as having a field dominance of "none" (all KONA)
NOTE: There is important configuration and installation information contained in the READ-ME for the KONA software releases, so please be sure to read it completely.
KONA v6.0.2 software can be found here:
... be sure to download the appropriate software package for each KONA product type (KONA 3, KONA LHe, etc.) Again, read thoroughly the READ-ME and all information pertaining to the installation and use of the KONA v6.0.2 software.
As always, feel free to contact us with any additional questions.
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
"With the regular version of the 6.0.2 driver, some users may experience issues with Quartz Extreme, the behavior of their computer displays, and in some cases, boot up issues may occur with certain graphics cards installed. If any of the issues mentioned occur, the driver version 6.0.2 NDD should be used instead of version 6.0.2 "
So this mean the problem isnt fixed still? Should i wait for 8.5 before its fixed? By that time i guess i got another graphic card!
I have both the issue Quartz Extreme since leopard and the 6.1 drivers gave me a boot up problem. My NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT worked well with aja before leopard. I dont like to complain but I was not fun to reinstall everything last time i installed the 6.1 drivers (cause it would not boot).
Im little scared of installing the 6.2. The ndd versions sucks cause it dont solve my problem, im makes it possible to change betwen the display feature on/off. Atleast i dont have to reinstall the drivers everytime i need the desktop display feature. Just reboot...Its very wonky workflow...