FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Crackling on ingest/output

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher kinsman
Audio Crackling on ingest/output
on Dec 10, 2008 at 3:40:53 am

Hi Folks, Just today we started having ingest/output crackling from our Kona LH audio. We were setting up for a workflow from M25u RCA out to Mixer to Kona LH analog in. AJA white pages instructed us to install a disable polling text file and trash preferences in order for the HDV deck to be controlled by firewire basic. We did that and noticed shortly thereafter bad audio. We don't have an extra wiring harness or card to test. Same audio clips played back over built in audio have no crackling. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Many Thanks, Kind Regards,
Chris Kinsman

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Audio Crackling on ingest/output
on Dec 10, 2008 at 1:33:11 pm

Are you using DVCProHD as your capture codec ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Christopher Kinsman
on Dec 10, 2008 at 3:09:42 pm

Yes. Unfortunately I'm getting bad audio out just playing an aiff file out through the Kona. Someone has suggested putting Kona into Free Run. Haven't checked that yet. Any ideas? Many Thanks!
KInd Regards,
Chris Kinsman

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Dec 10, 2008 at 6:15:25 pm

How are you monitoring audio? If you console (or other gear in the audio chain) has an attenuation switch perhaps it got knocked in the wrong direction.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.4 QT7.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID
24" TV-Logic Monitor
Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Dec 10, 2008 at 6:48:32 pm

Free run ? The HVR-M25U VTR does not have a genlock input, so genlock will not help you.

I have 2 suggestions for you.
1) abandon the HVR-M25U with the DVCProHD codec. Either get a HVR-1500 that can genlock, or change compression codecs (don't use DVCProHD).
2) call AJA and bitch at them, because NO ONE on this forum is going to help you.

Believe me, I just didn't get lucky "guessing" that you were using the DVCProHD codec when you said you were getting crackling problems with the M25U.

I ASSUME that you are running the 6.0.1 drivers for your AJA product- is this correct ? Because if you are not, LOAD THEM NOW.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Christopher kinsman
on Dec 10, 2008 at 10:37:08 pm

Hi Bob, thanks for your insight. Will we experience the same problems with the sony m35u? Many thanks!

Chris K.

HOLD THE PHONES!

Just switched the AJA analog input to compontent SMPTE and all audio problems have disappeared. Stay tuned for further testing!!

Return to posts index

Chris Detjen
on Dec 8, 2009 at 4:33:52 pm

Good info here. I recently encountered the same audio issue when capturing from the HVR-M10U deck into the DVCPro HD codec in FCP. I did not have the Aja card setup properly. Toggling the Aja card to SMPTE input was the solution--no more crackle in the captured audio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]