FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I use my Kona3 with PremierePro CS3 or CS4?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim McLaughlin
Can I use my Kona3 with PremierePro CS3 or CS4?
on Dec 4, 2008 at 5:43:32 pm

It looks like only the AJA Xena card is supported - or Blackmagic.

Tim McLaughlin
FinalCut and Avid Editor

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Can I use my Kona3 with PremierePro CS3 or CS4?
on Dec 4, 2008 at 7:28:12 pm

[Tim McLaughlin] "It looks like only the AJA Xena card is supported - or Blackmagic. "

Where did you get that rubbish?

http://www.aja.com/ajashare/AJA_Adobe_Mac_6.0.0.zip

from the AJA website:

This is the first release of the AJA Mac Plug-Ins for Adobe, which include application plug-ins for Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop (user manual included in the download). This initial release is version 6.0, keeping parity with required KONA driver software (also version 6). AJA’s Mac Plug-ins for Adobe offer capabilities to the Mac Adobe user not found anywhere else, for use with industry-best AJA KONA products. Some of the many powerful new features include:
Native QuickTime, DPX, CIN, TIFF, TGA file support, within Adobe Premiere Pro CS3, After Effects and Photoshop
Native real-time 10-bit RGB editing in Premiere Pro CS3
Unique and powerful application interfaces within supported Adobe CS3 applications
Free for all KONA users

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Inside look at the IoHD
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Tim McLaughlin
on Dec 4, 2008 at 7:52:09 pm

Gary smacked Tim with:
Where did you get that rubbish?

Tim rubs back of head and replies:
From the rubbish bin?

Seriously, on the AJA site, if you look at the Kona 3 page - Final Cut Studio 2 is mentioned everywhere.

(Snip)
Most users run multiple applications to create their video projects. So, in addition to Final Cut Pro support, the KONA Desktop feature allows broadcast design elements to be viewed with the proper aspect ratio and color depth on a broadcast monitor via the KONA card. KONA Desktop supports Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Apple Motion, Apple Shake, Discreet Combustion and more.
(End snip)

I'm very glad to be wrong, but you would think that they would be making a bigger deal out of Premiere Pro support. Like on the main splash page. Right under the jpeg of the Kona 3 would be a nice place.

Again - glad to be wrong! I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do with PP!

Thanks Gary!

Tim McLaughlin
FinalCut and Avid Editor

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Dec 5, 2008 at 2:07:00 pm

[Tim McLaughlin] "Seriously, on the AJA site, if you look at the Kona 3 page - Final Cut Studio 2 is mentioned everywhere. "

Dude then you need to learn to use the scroll wheel when surfing in that web browser.

my link was on the very same page just lower- and I got to it directly from a pulldown on the main AJA page.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation

Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 5, 2008 at 6:22:41 pm

A word to the wise:

Just make sure to have your Adobe Suite installed just as Adobe wants it. I tried to get cute and install the whole entire Suite into a different folder within my Applications folder to get rid of the clutter (can't help it, I'm an editor), and the AJA drivers didn't work until I uninstalled and reinstalled the suite to the 'default' location. I slapped myself on the back of the head for that one.

Return to posts index

Wesley Dysart
on Feb 24, 2009 at 10:54:11 pm

Right now I can't get the Kona 3 card to work with CS4. Every time I try to install the AJA Adobe Mac plugins I get a failed install message; it's trying to create an Adobe CS3 folder... there doesn't seem to be a way to tell this installer that I'm running CS4.

Looks like I need to go back to CS3 for it to work.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Feb 24, 2009 at 11:04:35 pm

[Wesley Dysart] "Looks like I need to go back to CS3 for it to work."

Unfortunately that would be correct, f the adobe plug-ins are currently limited to the CS3 software versions.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation

Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 24, 2009 at 11:08:50 pm

The current drivers are for CS3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]