FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDCAM CHROMA LEVELS "Through the Roof!"

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johnnie Travis
HDCAM CHROMA LEVELS "Through the Roof!"
on Nov 20, 2008 at 8:17:24 pm

I am trying to convert some HDCAM footage to SD (NTSC Betacam SP). I've tried bringing in both 1080i and 525i through the KONA LHe. When I drop the 1080i footage into an HD sequence, the chroma levels in the vectorscope look fine. When I drop the HD, or, down-converted HD (the 525i) footage into the timeline, the chroma levels are through the roof. I tried correcting the chroma with the CC 3-WAY, RGB limiter, and Broadcast safe filters to no avail. This issue comes up no matter what sequence setting I try (HD, or SD). I've also tried using both 10-bit uncompressed and ProRes 422 HQ. Does anybody have an idea how I can correct this? I need to lay this footage to Betacam SP.

FCP 6.0.4
KONA LHe 6.0.1
HDCAM - SONY JH3

Johnnie Travis

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: HDCAM CHROMA LEVELS "Through the Roof!"
on Nov 20, 2008 at 11:41:22 pm

I have never seen this problem. Do you still have the HDCam VTR ?
Most HDCam VTR's have analog outputs on them, and will let you patch directly into a Beta VTR. Even the J-30 series has composite video output. You can try to patch the composite video out of a J-30 into a Beta composite video in- JUST TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS. If it doesn't work - it ain't the FCP system.

THEN, you can close FCP, open up the Kona Control Panel, click on CONTROL/Input Passthrough, and try your test again just using the AJA control panel to downconvert the HD-SDI signal to Beta Component. If this works, but FCP does not - it ain't the AJA !

BobZelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]