FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona 3 Update and RAID

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Tuchschmidt
Kona 3 Update and RAID
on Nov 16, 2008 at 9:54:17 pm

I have a Kona 3 card in Slot 3 of a pre-2008 Intel Mac Pro with a HighPoint 2522 RAID controller in Slot 4. Everything was working great until I updated the Kona to 6.0.1 and its new firmware. The Kona seems to be working fine, but my RAID does not mount or show up in the Disk Utility. I cannot access the HighPoint RAID card using Safari to access the setup as it says it cannot access the page. The card shows up in the System profiler. Any ideas what happened or how to fix this? Thanks, Jim

Jim

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Kona 3 Update and RAID
on Nov 16, 2008 at 10:05:26 pm

[Jim Tuchschmidt] "I cannot access the HighPoint RAID card using Safari to access the setup as it says it cannot access the page. The card shows up in the System profiler. Any ideas what happened or how to fix this? Thanks, Jim

Jim"

What does HighPoint say when you contact them for advice?

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

Read my Blog!

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!

Return to posts index

Jim Tuchschmidt
on Nov 16, 2008 at 10:08:46 pm

I have not heard back from them, but did email tech support at HighPoint and AJA.

Jim

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Nov 17, 2008 at 5:56:50 pm

this is what I would do. UNINSTALL the AJA drivers - use the uninstall in the AJA Utilities folder. Reboot. Now, reinstall your Highpoint. If you cannot, then you have just proven that it is not the AJA drivers. To take this one step further, you can pull out the AJA card, and try it again. If you then can get the Highpoint up and working, THEN install the AJA drivers WITHOUT the AJA card, and see if this kills the Highpoint.

You are now witnessing why I don't use Highpoint. I have used most of the drive host cards that you see advertised right here on Creative Cow (just look to your left and right - right now) - and I have NEVER had an issue with AJA drivers, using these cards. With that said, I have called Highpoint in the past, and they did have good phone support.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Jim Tuchschmidt
on Nov 18, 2008 at 1:22:44 am

Thanks for the comments. I never heard from HighPoint. I will follow the advice and never again purchase their products. Bad support. AJA, on the other hand, responded right away. I pulled the Kona card, rebooted and uninstalled the drivers and all AJA software. Rebooted and, as advised reinstalled the Rocket Raid drivers. Rebooted and the RAID worked. Reinstalled Kona drivers and then the card and everything seems to be working at this point. Thanks.

Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]