FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sync Drift with LHe using ProRez

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Wild
Sync Drift with LHe using ProRez
on Nov 12, 2008 at 8:16:42 pm

Anyone know why we'd be getting an audio sync issue with the LHe when outputting our ProRez timeline? First, I thought it was only doing it with the 1080i 29.97 10bit viewing output mode, so I switched it to 8bit and it was playing okay in our source window. But in the timeline, it immediately goes out of sync.

This is a brand new Intel, latest and greates updates on everything. Identical room next door with older Intel works fine...footage all coming from an XRaid.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Kevin

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Sync Drift with LHe using ProRez
on Nov 13, 2008 at 4:40:21 am

Uninstall your Kona drivers using the supplied uninstaller and then reinstall.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, and Indie Film & Documentary forums.

Return to posts index

Kevin Wild
on Nov 13, 2008 at 5:52:24 am

I'll try that, though it was just loaded fresh onto a new computer. Thanks!

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Nov 13, 2008 at 6:05:38 am

Yep, it sounds illogical, but Kona drivers get corrupted easily and more often than you'd imagine.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
Los Angeles

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, and Indie Film & Documentary forums.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Nov 13, 2008 at 1:14:41 pm

[David Roth Weiss] "Yep, it sounds illogical, but Kona drivers get corrupted easily and more often than you'd imagine. "

thats not my experience, I usually find that it is the order of the install, since the driver connects to many parts core audio, core video in addition to what it does with FCS and the Adobe suite.

Oh and make sure the firmware on the card is updated, no idea how long your dealer has been setting on it before you got it.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Nov 13, 2008 at 5:02:26 pm

[gary adcock] "thats not my experience"

I'm not complaining, because it's such an easy fix. However, I encounter corrupt Kona drivers on a fairly regular basis, every couple of months or so. Many strange behaviors in FCP that can't be fixed with trashed prefs, fixed permissions, and Disk Warrior, invariably go away after unistalling and reinstalling the Kona drivers.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]