FORUMS: list search recent posts

kona3 doesn't work anymore after driver update

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
philippe muller
kona3 doesn't work anymore after driver update
on Nov 8, 2008 at 11:11:45 am

Hi! I've updated my kona3 to the new version 6.0.1 of the driver.
I've also upgraded the firmware.
When I try to playback a n FCP sequence in dvcpro-hd, it doesn't work anymore.
The playback stops immediately with a message "lossed images" whatever is the RT (unlimited or secured).
Settings in FCP for video playbak : 1080i50 8 bits (1980x1080) as it was before the update.
What can I do? delete the settings? But where are this settings in the HD (aja and fcp)?
Thank you for any help.

Return to posts index

philippe muller
Re: kona3 doesn't work anymore after driver update
on Nov 8, 2008 at 3:56:19 pm

other details about this problem.
I've updated the firmware again and shut the mac off. Then rebooted it. Now fcp playbacks for about five seconds and freezes and mac OS 10 freezses also.
I hadn't no problem with the old Kona driver.
I I've just noticed the kona board is on the slot 4 not the slot 3 as recommanded by aja. Is this the solution?

mac os 10.4.11
mac pro dual-core
ati radeon X1900XT x16 slot 1 - speed ok
slot 2 empty
slot 3 x4 ATTO express SASR380 (for raid - Sonnet) - speed lower
slot 4 x4 Kona3 (mentionned as intel board bridge PCI-PCI) - speed lower (strange aja says x4 is enough...)

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 8, 2008 at 4:18:46 pm

It sounds like you have a Pre2008 macPro in which case you need to read these instructions carefully:

http://www.aja.com/html/support_kona_rec_sys.htm

MAKE SURE to find the section that talks about the Pre2008 MacPro and also use the 'CLICK HERE" button to setup your PCIe expansion slots appropriately found here:

http://www.aja.com/html/support_xena_boards/exp_large.htm

Jeremy

Return to posts index

philippe muller
on Nov 9, 2008 at 3:00:02 pm

Thank you Jeremy.
In fact I deleted the settings of FCP in user library and the Aja settings in system librairy. By now it was sufficient for running the playback again. But you're right I tested the slots and the kona is not at the right place (4 and not 3 as recommended by aja for the pre2008 Macpro like mine). I will take advantage of the next update from tiger to leopard for exchanging the places between the ATTO board and the kona board.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]