FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD pulldown Kona LHe

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gordon Gurley
HD pulldown Kona LHe
on Nov 7, 2008 at 9:08:20 pm

Hi,

I have a ProRes 1080 timeline @ 23.98. I want to output to HDCAM @ 29.97 for broadcast. JeremeyG has the goods for setting the pulldown in FCP under the viewer (I first attempted to set it in the Kona CP. Wrong!).

But in the Kona CP you CAN set the pulldown pattern. I assume this is working because it looks slightly different on the different settings. I think it looks a little better on the 2332 setting. What's the rule here? 2323 seems to be the standard, but am I going to run into problems down the line by going 2332?

Thanks much

Gordon

Mac Pro
Kona LHe
FCP 6.04

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: HD pulldown Kona LHe
on Nov 7, 2008 at 10:38:10 pm

[Gordon Gurley] "2323 seems to be the standard, but am I going to run into problems down the line by going 2332? "

Yes! 2:3:3:2 is advacned pulldown and is made only to remove pulldown much easier on ingest from capture workflows that support it and will most likely get rejected by your broadcaster. 3:2 pulldown in the standard.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Gordon Gurley
on Nov 7, 2008 at 10:53:34 pm

OK , going back to 2323.

BTW, why does it have to completely re-render when I Edit to tape? The timeline is totally rendered. Is that it inserting the pulldown?

Gordon Gurley
Director of Operations
Stanford Video

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 7, 2008 at 10:58:22 pm

[Gordon Gurley] "The timeline is totally rendered. Is that it inserting the pulldown? "

No, but that is usually caused from having disabled clips in your timeline. If you delete the disabled clips out of your timeline, you will not have to render. Strange but true.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Gordon Gurley
on Nov 7, 2008 at 11:50:11 pm

Ah yes, the dreaded disabled clip re-render thing. Thank you.

Gordon Gurley
Director of Operations
Stanford Video

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 8, 2008 at 1:36:48 am

[Gordon Gurley] "Ah yes, the dreaded disabled clip re-render thing. Thank you."

No worries. Hope it helps!

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>