FORUMS: list search recent posts

Format Question

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wesley Dysart
Format Question
on Nov 3, 2008 at 8:34:45 pm

Hello,

I'm very confused by the video formats being displayed in QuickTime. I've got some files that say they are: AJA v210 10-Bit YUV422 1920 X 1080

I have some other files that instead say: Uncompressed 10-bit 1920 X 1080, Millions, 24-bit integer (little endian).

There's never been any mention of "little endian" inside FCP or Adobe Premiere (we use both where I work). I just exported this video out of final cut with the 'use current settings' box checked. My current settings were AJA Kona 1080psf 23.98. How did I lose the AJA format and become just uncompressed. I looked up Little Endian and apparently it's got something to do with being compatible with Windows?

-Wesley D.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Format Question
on Nov 3, 2008 at 8:49:42 pm

[Wesley Dysart] "24-bit integer (little endian).
"

That is the audio embedded in the movie file.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Nov 3, 2008 at 8:38:31 pm

[Wesley Dysart] "I've got some files that say they are: AJA v210 10-Bit YUV422 1920 X 1080
"

these are older format video files converted in software or files created on a PC then ported to the Mac.

"I have some other files that instead say: Uncompressed 10-bit 1920 X 1080, Millions, 24-bit integer (little endian). "

These are captured as 10bit UC movies with embedded audio

"There's never been any mention of "little endian" inside FCP or Adobe Premiere ("

Since it is the default for QT it does not necessarily say so outside of the capture settings for audio playback in QT.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Wesley Dysart
on Nov 3, 2008 at 9:10:21 pm

Wow, thanks for the quick replies guys!

So it sounds like this file format stuff is nothing to worry about in terms of my files being the incorrect format.

I'm essentially an apprentice or assistant video editor here. So I'm very much thrown into the fire each time I have to learn something. I was charged with obtaining samples of 1080p material, 1080i and 10-bit SD. So I started examining the format tags for various video files. I'm pretty good at complicating things and it looks like that's what I was doing here.

Thanks again,

-Wesley

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]