FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona Lhe- Edit to Tape to DSR1500AP via SDI problem

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugene Constable
Kona Lhe- Edit to Tape to DSR1500AP via SDI problem
on Oct 31, 2008 at 3:18:34 pm

Hi,
Am trying to do an insert edit from Final Cut to a pre-striped DVCAM tape (using DSR1500AP)
I want to go out of my kona LHe card into the deck via SDI
When I perform Insert Edit, final cut starts the process fine, but soon my DSR deck says:

"Input video signal does not synchronize with reference video signal.

Use common ref signal."

It then stops recording.

I simply have the SDI Ins/Outs from the Kona LHe cabled to the respective INsOUTs on the deck...

A colleague tells me that SDI carries its own sync signal so no need to get a blackburst generator, is this true? If so how do I lay stuf off to my DSR using edit to tape and avoid this "not synchronize" message?

Thanks,
Eugene

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Kona Lhe- Edit to Tape to DSR1500AP via SDI problem
on Oct 31, 2008 at 5:53:43 pm

[Eugene Constable] "A colleague tells me that SDI carries its own sync signal so no need to get a blackburst generator, is this true?"

Yes and no. Your deck has to be able to select the incoming video signal as sync. If not, you need a blackburst generator and you will ser your deck and KOna to external reference.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Kona Lhe- Edit to Tape to DSR1500AP via SDI problem
on Nov 1, 2008 at 4:42:27 pm

where is my gun !

you write -
so how do I lay stuf off to my DSR using edit to tape and avoid this "not synchronize" message?

REPLY - you know the answer - you stated it in your post - the answer is on the screen right in front of you. Stop listening to you colleague.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]