FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVCPRO HD Edit To Tape KONA LH Card

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John O'Neil
DVCPRO HD Edit To Tape KONA LH Card
on Oct 29, 2008 at 9:20:26 am

Hi

We have recently swapped out our Blackmagic Card for an AJA Kona LH card. I have created new Easy Setups in FCP 6.0.4 and had no problems with DigiBeta, HDV via Firewire and DVCPRO HD via Firewire.

My problem is when I attempt to playout an DVCPRO HD timeline (1080i50) to our Panasonic AJ-HD1400 deck via HD SDI, I get green/purple static appearing on my monitor - which is straight from the Mac not the Deck.

Our Deck is set to 1080i 50/25Psf.

I don't have any problem when editing on the timeline and patch to the deck via HD SDI. An image appears along with audio. On A/V setting I have video set to AJA Kona 1080i25 8 Bit (1920 x 1080) as I could not find a DVCPRO HD one. Audio is AJA Kona. I do not have separate values for Edit To Tape.

The problem only occurs when I attempt an Edit To Tape.

The Kona Control Panel shows SDI Out 1 and 2 as 1080i25. The SDI In is No Video, Analog In is no video and Ref In is No Video. GenLock is set to Video In

I have used the standard Kona Easy Setups, I have read the manual and Iam not having any luck. We only got the card yesterday

I know this one is going to be something very very simple. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

Regards

John

OSX 10.5.5 FCP 6.0.4 Mac Pro Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2.8 GHz 10GB

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: DVCPRO HD Edit To Tape KONA LH Card
on Oct 29, 2008 at 7:29:19 pm

[John O'Neil] "On A/V setting I have video set to AJA Kona 1080i25 8 Bit (1920 x 1080) as I could not find a DVCPRO HD one. "

That should be right. Do you see an image on a monitor connected to that deck? OH, and do you have HD SDI selected as the input on that deck? I think there is some option for that...at least there was on the 1200 deck. IN the 800s in the menus.

As for the standard Kona setups, there is one for 1080i25 DVCPRO HD...and that should set video out properly. But for me, this all sounds right.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John O'Neil
on Oct 30, 2008 at 12:06:28 am

Shane

Thanks for the info

I can confirm that I see an image on a monitor connected to the deck. The video and audio input on the 1400 is HD SDI.

I have re-used the 1080i25 DVCPRO HD easy setup again this morning but the problem remains.

I suppose the interesting point of the problem is even if the suite is not patched to the deck the problem occurs. On my monitor, I have an 2 channels - one is the edit suite, the other is the output of the deck. The static occurs on both channels.

As soon as I cancel the edit to tape, the image re-appears.

Now one thing Im confused about. On A/V Device Settings, Playback for Video is AJA Kona 1080i25 8bit (1920 x 1080). This is also the same for Edit to Tape as I have not checked the Different settings check box on A/V Device Tab.

However, since the timeline is DVCPRO HD and the Deck is DVCPRO HD, shouldn't the playout also be DVCPRO HD ?

I think Im missing something obvious here ?

Regards

John

Return to posts index

John O'Neil
on Oct 30, 2008 at 12:26:38 am

Shane

Thanks for the info

I can confirm that I see an image on a monitor connected to the deck. The video and audio input on the 1400 is HD SDI.

I have re-used the 1080i25 DVCPRO HD easy setup again this morning but the problem remains.

I suppose the interesting point of the problem is even if the suite is not patched to the deck the problem occurs. On my monitor, I have an 2 channels - one is the edit suite, the other is the output of the deck. The static occurs on both channels.

As soon as I cancel the edit to tape, the image re-appears.

Now one thing Im confused about. On A/V Device Settings, Playback for Video is AJA Kona 1080i25 8bit (1920 x 1080). This is also the same for Edit to Tape as I have not checked the Different settings check box on A/V Device Tab.

However, since the timeline is DVCPRO HD and the Deck is DVCPRO HD, shouldn't the playout also be DVCPRO HD ?

I think Im missing something obvious here ?

Regards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]