FORUMS: list search recent posts

1080 23.93psf playback on DLP monitor

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Kahn
1080 23.93psf playback on DLP monitor
on Oct 28, 2008 at 4:23:15 pm

I am trying to get a client to be able to work with a DLP monitor to use as a client monitor. Here's the set up:

FCP 6.0.4
Kona 3
SD NTSC Client Monitor
50" DLP

Currently we have the SD monitor hooked up to the Kona through component cables and are taking component out of that monitor into the DLP. I know that it's impossible to get an HD image this way and they are complaining they want HD on the DLP. So I tell them it's one or the other, we don't have an HD client monitor to give them. I tell them if they want HD on the monitor they will have to give up the SD client monitor and they say thats fine.

Now I run component out of the Kona and into the DLP but it says it can't handle the picture because it's 23.98. I've told it to put out 1080i29.97 as the secondary source and choose that in my analog out but it changes back to 23.98 once I go into FCP. When I tell it the secondary format is 525i29.97 it has no problem downconverting and displaying the image. If I change the video out setting in FCP to 1080i29.97 I can get an image but it doesn't play back, it just shows the first frame I am on and changes to whatever frame I stop on.

Is there any way using this set up to get this DLP to display properly?

Mike

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: 1080 23.93psf playback on DLP monitor
on Oct 28, 2008 at 6:13:57 pm

Let's back up a step.

Put FCP in the proper 23.98 HD easy setup and all of your outputs in COntrol Panel to Primary.

Then, in the View > Video Playback Menu change the output to 1080i 29.97 and the mathcing bit depth of your timeline (8 or 10bit).

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Mike Kahn
on Oct 30, 2008 at 4:01:04 pm

Thanks Jeremy. Unfortunately this gave me the same issue of showing the frame I begin on and until I stop playback and then it shows the frame it ends on. I need a way to convert from 1080 23.98 to 1080 29.97 so that the DLP thinks it's getting 29.97 and will play back. Any other suggestions besides putting in a plasma or LCD?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 30, 2008 at 4:16:14 pm

This is a Kona 3 you have, correct? If you are seeing that, you have something setup improperly.

Give me the exact settings of your timeline, and I will walk you through it.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]