FORUMS: list search recent posts

wall mount

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laurie Hogan
wall mount
on Oct 23, 2008 at 5:58:13 pm

We want to put our AJA in the wall so there will be a connection with the studio and the control room. What do you recommend for a mount?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: wall mount
on Oct 23, 2008 at 8:39:56 pm

Like a rack mount?

Browse marktertek.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Oct 24, 2008 at 2:42:39 am

Laurie - you make no sense.

What you are describing is to put the AJA (AJA I/O, I/O HD, KL box, K3 box ?) into the "wall", so the connectors of the AJA are facing into the studio, so you can plug in what? Cameras directly into the AJA ? THIS IS NOT HOW ITS DONE.

If you want your "AJA" to go into a rack box instead of a rack, both Raxxess and Middle Atlantic make inexpensive rack boxes (black press board with black formica outsides) that have rack rail, that can "hold" your "AJA" box - whatever one you have. These boxes are typically under $100. As you should know, the cables between the MAC computer and the "AJA Box" are short, so there is not much cable legnth to run into the studio "wall".

The way its "done" is that you get a WALL PLATE or WALL BOX with XLR and BNC connectors on it, and you extend the lines from your product (video switcher, audio mixer, patch bays, or in your case - the AJA box) to a WALL PLATE or WALL BOX that have multiple XLR or BNC connectors on them. You use audio and video cable to run between the WALL PLATE or WALL BOX to your AJA product.

With that said, when you say "studio" - please don't tell me that you are going to run a camera and a microphone directly into the AJA "box". How will you get your Microphone or Microphones to work with the line level inputs of the AJA - and that is if you have an analog AJA product like the I/O or Kona LHe. You need to put your mics into an AUDIO MIXER to get your levels up to line level.

This is a link to Markertek, and their wall plates -
http://www.markertek.com/SearchProdList.asp?sort=prod&off=140&skuonly=0&sea...
there are countless pages of this stuff, with assorted audio and video connections.

Wiring up a studio is a big, pain in the butt job. You just don't screw the AJA box into the wall, and VOILA ! instant TV studio.

I think you guys are lost, and need some in house help from a local dealer or professional.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Laurie Turner
on Oct 30, 2008 at 2:15:33 pm

Thanks, I was checking out B&H for wall plates. I didn't think it made much sense to put the AJA in the wall. Any other suggestion for anything in regards to having camera from the studio communicate to our control room?

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Oct 30, 2008 at 9:11:02 pm

Hire a contractor to do this (your dealer). Your questions don't make sense. You need video, genlock, audio, and intercom. Your questions are not complete.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]