FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lost analog audio output from Kona 3...again

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Matthies
Lost analog audio output from Kona 3...again
on Oct 21, 2008 at 7:58:29 pm

Hi All.
Back in February I lost the analog audio output from my Kona 3 boaed via the K-box. I fixed it with the suggestion from Arnie to Zap the P-RAM on the computer. It worked. A few months ago, I lost the audio again. Zapping the P-RAM fixed it again.
Now today I was working on an HD project monitoring thru the Kona and all was well. I popped into a different project for a few minutes when a producer cam into the edit room with a question. When I closed out of that project and went back to the HD project...no audio from the Kona. I've zapped the P-RAM again (three times actually) to no avail. I can't get the audio back. I've made sure that it wasn't something stupid like accidentally muting the outputs on in the audio mixer window.
Even when I quit out of FCP and put an SDI signal with embedded audio into the Kona input with the Kona control panel open, I'm getting video but no audio from the board. The cables to the K-box seem to be on tight and OK. The input SDI signal to the Kona is good, the input to the mixer is good and the mixer itself passes a signal when I put another source into the mixer inputs. The cables from the Kona to the mixer are also good. About the only thing I haven't tried is to actually pull the Kona card out and reseat it in the computer.
Any more suggestions?
Thanks
Tom

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: Lost analog audio output from Kona 3...again
on Oct 21, 2008 at 8:10:57 pm

Fourth time was the ticket.
I actually unplugged the computer from the mains and let it sit for a few minutes to "rest" without any power going to the system. When I booted it back up, the Kona was now passing audio from the SDI input. I fired up my project in FCP and it's now working just fine.
Just wish I could isolate the reason why the Kona just suddenly stops passing audio. It's happened several times now...
I'm just happy it's working again.

Tom

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Oct 21, 2008 at 8:28:48 pm

get your K3 box and cables replaced. Zapping the pram, and waiting for a "miracle fix" is nonsense. Actually before ordering the new K3 box, uninstall and reinstall your Kona 3 drivers.

You should not have to put up with this crap. AJA is a great company and will replace your box.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Dan Brockett
on Oct 22, 2008 at 3:16:16 pm

I agree with Bob. My K3 lost analog audio output last year, I tried all kinds of re-installations, zapping PRAM, etc. with the help of AJA Tech Support. They then sent me a new K-Box and it as worked fine ever since then.

Dan

Providing value added material to all of your favorite DVDs

Return to posts index

Harley Michailuck
on Oct 22, 2008 at 2:34:09 pm

[Tom Matthies] "Just wish I could isolate the reason why the Kona just suddenly stops passing audio. It's happened several times now..."

I've had this happen a few times as well. My fix is to unplug the cable from the card and the K-Box and just reverse it. Don't know if it's a connection thing but it has worked for me. This was suggested by tech support when I first put my system together and I couldn't get any audio out of the K-Box.

Best,
Harley

Harley Michailuck
Brass Orchid Post fx
Saskatoon, SK Canada

http://www.brassorchid.com

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Oct 23, 2008 at 3:16:27 pm

A quick update.
AJA is sending out a replacement card today even though my Kona 3 is a couple of years old.
Gotta love AJA's support! Thanks guys.
Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]