FORUMS: list search recent posts

timecode not displayed

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
philippe muller
timecode not displayed
on Oct 5, 2008 at 3:40:14 pm

Hi! During the playback of an FCP sequence (dvcpro-hd) I cannot get the embedded timecode on the video monitor ( JVC DTV24L3D : the display area is empty) from the sdi output of the Kona.
this tc is well displayed in the picture with the function time code burn-in 'on' in the control panel. Has anybody an explanation?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: timecode not displayed
on Oct 5, 2008 at 5:13:47 pm

What frame rate?

Return to posts index

philippe muller
on Oct 5, 2008 at 7:04:38 pm

25 frames per second (1080i50)

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 5, 2008 at 7:15:00 pm

I think this is probably a funciton of FCP and not the Kona. I know the Kona is fully capable of sending embedded tc over SDI, it's FCP that is not sending it properly.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

philippe muller
on Oct 6, 2008 at 9:43:24 am

But in this case why is the Kona able to display the TC with the 'burn in' function in the picture?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 8, 2008 at 2:03:58 pm

I know just enough about this to get me and you in trouble, but I imagine that the Kona is reading the QT tc and displaying it, rather than getting a real live tc stream from FCP that can be embedded in the SDI. If you work in 24p, that tc burn doesn't work very well as FCP can't handle/convert the tc properly. The Kona is simply passing in the information it gets from QT. SInce the tc is not 'standard' the Kona can't embed it into the SDI.

Hope that makes sense.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

philippe muller
on Oct 8, 2008 at 8:58:19 pm

OK Jeremy thank you. I see what you mean. You are probably right. I will test further asap.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]