FORUMS: list search recent posts

SD Video Timing Kona HLe

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew Muir
SD Video Timing Kona HLe
on Sep 30, 2008 at 11:12:29 pm

Has any one had time base issues with SD Component and SDI?

When inputting SD Component or SDI into our Kona HLe we get LITC (I think) lines appearing at the top of frame. I know this usually means a timing issue. But we are using a Sony HVR-M25P HDV deck to play back (down converting HDV with the deck) unfortunately the deck does not have a Black Sync or Ref video input or output.

I noticed in the Kona control panel that it you can select an option to sync using the input video but this did nothing. Also the Timing panel in the Control tab is grayed-out so I can't adjust vertical and horizontal sync.

We also noticed that even playing back tapes recorded in DVCAM still results in the black sync lines appearing. These are still there when playing back the captured footage.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sytem MAC Leopard 10.5 Dual 3Gig 4 Core, 8Gig RAM, Internal Software Raid FX4500 Video
Final Cut studio 2, Shake and Adobe Production Suite CS3

Return to posts index

Tim Ward
Re: SD Video Timing Kona HLe
on Oct 10, 2008 at 1:46:51 pm

Are you talking about white lines at the VERY top of the video? If that's the case, then don't worry about it. It's supposed to be there. It's just the VITC (Vertical Interval Time Code). It's inserted into the video signal, where LTC (Longitudinal Time Code) is recorded to a longitudinal audio track. DV camcorders like the XL2 don't record VITC, where professional camcorders (like DVCAM, DVCPro) DO record VITC.

tim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]