FORUMS: list search recent posts

SDI Input to Kona LHe

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew Muir
SDI Input to Kona LHe
on Sep 30, 2008 at 2:30:13 am

I am new to the MAC/Kona LHE system so this may be a stupid question....

Is there anything tricky/special that needs to be done to use the SDI input on the Kona LHe?

All of the other inputs - Component, YC etc. are working but the SDI input seems to be switched off.

I have tried 2 Decks, a Camera and different leads but each time the Kona Control Panel shows no input.

Anyone have any ideas? Could it be a Driver issue?

I'm editing with FC Studio 2 (FCP 6) on a MAC Pro (Leopard) using PAL.

Sytem MAC Leopard 10.5 Dual 3Gig 4 Core, 8Gig RAM, Internal Software Raid FX4500 Video
Final Cut studio 2, Shake and Adobe Production Suite CS3

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: SDI Input to Kona LHe
on Sep 30, 2008 at 4:01:53 am

Have you right clicked on the SDI1 input and selected primary?

Have you made sure the cables are connected properly and your card is in the proper slot?

Do you have a Kbox, checked the conections?

If you do, have you tried the cables?

Return to posts index

Drew Muir
on Sep 30, 2008 at 5:30:45 am

Yes Jeremy I have checked all of the cables and can confirm the Kona Break-Out box is being supplied an SDI signal.

Would the card being in the wrong slot stop only the SDI from working without effecting all of the other functions?

Sytem MAC Leopard 10.5 Dual 3Gig 4 Core, 8Gig RAM, Internal Software Raid FX4500 Video

Return to posts index

Stuart Simpson
on Sep 30, 2008 at 8:30:53 am

[Drew Muir] "Would the card being in the wrong slot stop only the SDI from working without effecting all of the other functions?"

Not in my experience...

This sounds screwy, but take the thick DVI-esque cable out and try swapping the ends round so that the end that was in the Breakout Box is now in the card, and the end that was in the card is now in the Breakout Box.

-Simmie
4 MacPros - Kona 3 & Kona LH
2 G5s - Kona LH
xbox360, Wii, PSP, PS2
http://www.speak.co.uk

Return to posts index

Drew Muir
on Sep 30, 2008 at 1:23:18 pm

Thanks Simmie, I tried that with no luck. I sent an email to AJA yesterday but haven't herd back from them yet.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 30, 2008 at 1:22:10 pm

[Drew Muir] "Yes Jeremy I have checked all of the cables and can confirm the Kona Break-Out box is being supplied an SDI signal. "

Meaning you are now getting video to the KOna control panel?

Have you tried bypassing the Kbox with the snake of cables to see if that works?

[Drew Muir] "Would the card being in the wrong slot stop only the SDI from working without effecting all of the other functions? "

What model of computer do you have? Have you followed these directions?

http://www.aja.com/html/support_kona_rec_sys.htm

Return to posts index

Drew Muir
on Sep 30, 2008 at 3:23:51 pm

Thanks Jeremy,

I finally found that the SDI connector on the back of the Break-Out box was faulty internally. I found this out by by-passing the box altogether. So I think I need a replacement box.

Also it's strange that the Kona LHe card should be positioned in slot 3 as the system says that the card in not operating at full speed. I'm using a November 07 build Mac Pro.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Sep 30, 2008 at 6:19:23 pm

May I suggest that you CALL AJA - they will send you another Break out box.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]