FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona3 shows green square on output monitor during playback?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Harb
Kona3 shows green square on output monitor during playback?
on Sep 29, 2008 at 5:36:36 pm

I have my RT settings set to Unlimited RT and Dynamic Video Quality for playback, works great except one really annoying thing....when it gets to a part that isnt rendered to full quality, it plays a smaller video in the output monitor, and has the SDI green around the square...you cant even really see what it is showing....my question is, is this normal? It would be fine if you could see the video, but you cant, its just a small frozen video frame and really is useless for watching playback. Am I using the RT wrong on this thing? It also happens after a dissolve just going into an empty section of the timeline...all the sudden i get this green small square in the upper left corner of my NTSC monitor when there is nothing on the timeline....any help with this would be appreciated...thks.

Paul

Paul Harb-Producer/Director
Wrong Beach Multimedia
Dual 3.2 GHz Quad/10.5.2/4GIG RAM/FCP 6.0.2/QT 7.4.1

Return to posts index

Aaron Neitz
Re: Kona3 shows green square on output monitor during playback?
on Sep 29, 2008 at 5:47:41 pm

1) reboot system.
2) if that doesn't clear it up, delete your user prefs

My Kona 3 would do that from time to time - especially if I was plugging in different references from what the input/output video was set to

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 29, 2008 at 6:11:19 pm

What format is your timeline and what format is your footage?

Are you sure you aren't set for 8bit output in a 10 bit timeline or vice versa?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Paul Harb
on Sep 29, 2008 at 6:48:17 pm

That was it!!!! Thank you....I had the Kona3 outputting 10bit and the footage is 8 bit, didnt realize this was an issue. Out of curiosity, what if you had 8 bit and 10 bit footage?

Paul

Wrong Beach Multimedia

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 29, 2008 at 7:57:46 pm

The Kona needs to output whatever your timeline is. If you need 10bit output, you need a 10bit timeline (that includes ProRes/10 bit unc). If you need 8 bit output, you need an 8bit timeline (which is almost every other codec). If you have 8 bit and 10 bit footage mixed together, FCP will convert/round the footage into the proper bit depth depending on your sequence codec. It's only the timeline codec and the video output (or frame buffer) of the Kona card that need to match.

Make sense?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Paul Harb
on Sep 29, 2008 at 8:36:38 pm

Makes total sense when you put it that way.....:) Thanks for the help...been away from FCP for a while....

Paul

Wrong Beach Multimedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]