FORUMS: list search recent posts

kona3 10 bits playback impossible from dvcpro hd

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
philippe muller
kona3 10 bits playback impossible from dvcpro hd
on Sep 23, 2008 at 7:19:27 pm

I'm editing a project in dvcpro HD and I noticed the display is impossible on an external monitor via Kona3 sdi output when the FCP video playback is set to - 25i 10 bits (1080x1920) -. Little frosen green and blue dots are scattered on the screen whereas the canvas plays correctly. But the right still image is displayed when I pause.
When the settings are changed to - 25i 8 bits (1080x1920) - all is ok. Is it normal ?

My config : Mac Pro 2x3 GHz _ 8 Go RAM -Mac OS10.4.11 - 8 Drives Sonnet raid 5 - FCP 6.0.4 - monitor JVC DTV24L3D

Philippe

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: kona3 10 bits playback impossible from dvcpro hd
on Sep 23, 2008 at 7:25:36 pm

[philippe muller] "I'm editing a project in dvcpro HD and I noticed the display is impossible on an external monitor via Kona3 sdi output when the FCP video playback is set to - 25i 10 bits (1080x1920) "

Because you don't set for for 10bit uncompressed when you're editing DVCPro HD.

Use the proper DVCPro HD Easy Setup and the Kona will set itself up for optimum playback.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: kona3 10 bits playback impossible from dvcpro hd
on Sep 23, 2008 at 9:07:23 pm

DVCPro is 8 bit.

if you need a 10 bit depth, put your DVCPro HD footage in a 10 bit timeline (be it uncompressed or ProRes) and then set your output to 10 bit.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]